• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    My family goes back to pre-Baytown. My dad's birth- certificate says, Goose Creek (sure do miss him). He was born at home, on property that is near what is now Sjolander Rd.

At least you are not from Highlands! Ha!

ETA:. I remember my grandfather telling me about the Tri-City area (Goose Creek, Pelly, and East Baytown). He would laugh when he would recall how they had to drop the "East" from the name, because East Baytown was actually WEST of Goose Creek!
    He worked for Standard Oil/Exxon forever as a painter! Retired a millionaire in 1965 due to stock splits. He and my grandmother were both orphaned at an early age, and lived like paupers - having spent their early years together in The Great Depression.

Last edited:

Exfuzz53

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2021
    Baytown, TX
    My family goes back to pre-Baytown. My dad's birth- certificate says, Goose Creek (sure do miss him). He was born at home, on property that is near what is now Sjolander Rd.

At least you are not from Highlands! Ha!

ETA:. I remember my grandfather telling me about the Tri-City area (Goose Creek, Pelly, and East Baytown). He would laugh when he would recall how they had to drop the "East" from the name, because East Baytown was actually WEST of Goose Creek!
    He worked for Standard Oil/Exxon forever as a painter! Retired a millionaire in 1965 due to stock splits. He and my grandmother were both orphaned at an early age, and lived like paupers - having spent their early years together in The Great Depression.
    Lots of history in the Goose Creek/Pelly/Baytown area. I actually grew up in Lynchburg. We had a Baytown address, Highlands telephone number and were in the Deer Park school district. We didn’t know who we belonged to. My dad also retired from Exxon after beginning a career there in 1947.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I knew Joe Fullen well. We were both patrol officers back in the day. Good man.
    Yes. He was.
    Shot himself in the arse with a .380 he was carrying "deep". Also revived a toddler who had drowned in a swimming pool in Baytown and saved his life. The man could tell stories and laugh at himself like no other!

Exfuzz53

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2021
    Baytown, TX
    Yes. He was.
    Shot himself in the arse with a .380 he was carrying "deep". Also revived a toddler who had drowned in a swimming pool in Baytown and saved his life. The man could tell stories and laugh at himself like no other!
    I remember well when Joe plugged himself in the backside. And the lifesaving incident. Like Joe, I can look back and get a good belly laugh from some of the things I experienced.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Lots of history in the Goose Creek/Pelly/Baytown area. I actually grew up in Lynchburg. We had a Baytown address, Highlands telephone number and were in the Deer Park school district. We didn’t know who we belonged to. My dad also retired from Exxon after beginning a career there in 1947.
    HAha! I can't relate but that was funny.

I've done a lot of asbestos abatement in DPISD schools. Was also there during GCJH demolition. Still have 2 post WW2 Delta 24" ban saws from the woodshop. I *saved* them but they don't exactly work. :(

Top Bottom