• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • recrisp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2020
    Paris, Texas
    You going to find yourself asking her to leave while working on guns the rest of your lives together! Mine knows not to enter the reloading/gun room.
    Yeah, well, good luck to me with that! :)
    We've been together for 52 years and I kind of doubt that things will start going my way now. :)
    Really, 'normally' this is not a problem, but today it was, and it wasn't even a real problem, but it was definitely distracting.
    All I have to say is that I don't want to be disturbed, she knows anyway, but my dogs, who have free reign in the house, don't know that.

Unlike you, I don't have a gun room or a reloading room, I have a computer room, and that is 'usually' off limits when I am doing something that takes more grey matter than normal, but those days are fewer and farther between now. :)

I am going to go in the kitchen and tell her that she can't come into my 'gun room' (that is what I am going to call it from now on, it has a much better ring to it) and if things go South for me, and nobody hears from me afterwards, please say some nice words about the 'new guy' that disappeared. :)
    Military Camp

recrisp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2020
    Paris, Texas
    In case anyone's interested, I decided to go to e-Bay and buy what I needed, which was, a front sight, two screws that hold the stock to the receiver, and the Fire Control Assembly.

The reason I did that was, the guy that I bought from cleaned and oiled the one that he has, and although I sure could've, and probably still will, make mine that I already had, work. Buying it assembled assures that I will have a good working rifle in the end result, and that is what I wanted.

The guy that had the stuff has a really good e-Bay page that sells Marlin/Glenfield stuff, along with other shotgun parts, and assorted other things.
    He is undoubtedly the VERY best person that I have dealt with in years, if not, my entire life.
    He went above and beyond in helping me, and answering my (sometimes maybe even stupid) questions, even on a Saturday night and a Sunday morning. :)
    (I e-mailed him on Saturday evening not expecting a reply until maybe Monday)

If you need parts for your stuff, check that guy out, he goes by... a-zgunpartsstore
    I can promise you that you will be happy with your transaction with him.

Anyway, I am supposed to receive the stuff on the 30th, so when I do, and I do a fire test, I will come back and tell those that are interested how that went.

THANK YOU to ALL of the nice people here that helped me and answered some of my questions, I really appreciate the fact that there was no crazy, smart-alec answers like on some other forums. :)

I'm not leaving, I'm just wanting to tell y'all this stuff, that's all.

Randy

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Another trick to keep from launching springs is at aim them into a bag or towel. Best to do the work when no one is around to distract you too. Wife & dog tend to think their help actually helps!
    My wife finds all the little parts I drop. She stays busy.

denit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2020
    USA
    next time, just blow it out with break cleaner and add a squirt of frog lube. It was just full of bullet wax, primer and powder residue and maybe some lead shavings/dust. That all addes up to an abrasive pasted which causes moving parts to have too much friction and accellerates wear. There's an abrasive in priming compound. I think it's ground glass? Anyway, it's bag news when it builds up as gunk in your gun. With compressed air in cans, you can get rid of it without risking the taking apart of complicated mechanisms. if you MUST take it part, do so with the apparatus inside of a clear plastic bag, so you can see what you're doing and parts cannot escape.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have worked on rimfires that were so crusted they had to be scraped with a pocket knife and dental pick.
    And Frog Lube don't work in "squirts". It gums things up.
    Have you ever tried working on a gun in a bag? Not much room to use tools when you need them.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    @recrisp - I'm curious, before you bought the new parts, did you assemble and try to shoot without the spring? (to see what doesnt work quite right and lead you to the solution)

Top Bottom