• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lomotil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    The Alamo City
    I'm dead-set on acquiring a 10mm as my next pistol purchase, and would appreciate input from actual owners of pistols chambered for this round.

I have already tentatively made up my mind on which model to purchase, but before I do, I am very interested in people's firsthand opinions of the Glock models:

Glock 20
    Glock 20C
    Glock 29

...AND,

Any other manufacturer/model chambered in the 10mm caliber.

Thoughts?
    Texas SOT

87'vette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Glock 10mm

I have owned both a G20 and G29. I currently have two G29's. I prefer the smaller size of the "subcompact" G29. I am waiting for the G20SF to come out. If you have handled a G20 and not a G21SF, try the SF model for fit. The grip is a little nicer on the short frame.
    If you plan to carry your 10mm, I would say to get a G29, if you are looking for a field gun, get the G20. Once I get my G20SF, I will also buy a 6" slide to fully take advantage of the 10mm cartridge.

:patriot:

Castrolr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    If you have your mind made up already, I take it you've shot different guns to see what feels best in your hand. I have the Colt delta elite. I have wanted to jump into the glock pool many times but they are not comfortable in any way in my hand. The colt is a pleasure to shoot with many different options to make recoil manageable

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    20SF is out. Gallery of Guns has 58 in stock. I'm waiting for for the OD to be delivered.
    It will be my third 10mm.

Brembo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    ... and would appreciate input from actual owners of pistols chambered for this round. ...

I have owned and shot several 10mm's, but I guess I don't count since I don't currently own one. Call my ex-wife and ask her about my 10mm, as if she could tell you a damn thing about a gun.

Lomotil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    The Alamo City
    OK, ok... I suppose I was a bit too specific with the 'OWNER' bit. It should have been worded more to the effect of "anyone that is earnestly familiar with..."

Technicalities, technicalities... By chance, is law your field? ;)

Oh, and to respond to the 'already made up your mind' bit... it was the caliber and it's ballistics alone that I've committed to - not the gun. I'm leaning more and more towards the G29, though, based on this thread and other personal inquiries I've made.

I'm pretty hard when it comes to letting things go, but it'll be a sad day when I retire my G26 to a life in it's case after being at my side it's whole life... 'snif...

(At least I know the new one will fit in the same pants)

Brembo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Well first I am amazed by your forum name that you don't post more. Sadly I am old enough to know what Lomotil is, and for.

I think the Glocks are great. The only issue I had with the 20 is that the grip dug into my palm when shooting. I thought the compensated model might fix this, but I have yet to have the chance to shoot one. I might have to just buy it and find out. I hate using slip over grips, so maybe wearing gloves when I shoot will be the last resort - if I were to go with Glock. I still want a DW first though.

Lomotil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    The Alamo City
    Well first I am amazed by your forum name that you don't post more. Sadly I am old enough to know what Lomotil is, and for.

That's hilarious...

I think the Glocks are great. The only issue I had with the 20 is that the grip dug into my palm when shooting. I thought the compensated model might fix this, but I have yet to have the chance to shoot one. I might have to just buy it and find out. I hate using slip over grips, so maybe wearing gloves when I shoot will be the last resort - if I were to go with Glock. I still want a DW first though.
    I just bought something to train my hand for the 10mm...

Cruiser%202.jpg

I'll just have to put a few shells through that so I can't complain about recoil on a pistol.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom