• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've got a buddy at work who's selling a Glock 17. 2 mags, original barrel + threaded barrel for $300 - I know nothing about them. Pic:
    IMG_01921_zps48081204.jpg

Is he getting raped? (I suspect he is.) I don't know whether it's gen 1 or 2.
    Guns International

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    300 is a great price even though it looks like a well used gen 1 pistol. They are great trade fodder even if he doesn't like it and very easy to modify if he wants to put some money into it.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    It was drizzling on us when I took the pic - so forgive the spots on it. It looked pretty clean. He started freaking out when I tried to pull the slide off so I didn't get to see the condition of the slide rails. Slide was pretty tight though.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Looks like a Gen 1. He could probably squeeze out a little more than $300 because of the additional threaded barrel (depending on what overall condition the gun is). The finish is looking a bit worn so that may hurt his chances...

JonFTC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Fort Collins, CO
    I bet you $10 bucks he could sell the whole kit and kaboodle for $375-$400! You got about $200 value just between the threaded barrel and the 2 mags!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    ask him if he has the orginal tupperware box for that Glock

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Got the box. In the photos. Might do some horse trading with an SR22 with the guy who kinda made a deal.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Got the box. In the photos. Might do some horse trading with an SR22 with the guy who kinda made a deal.

the box in the photo didn't look like the orginial "tupperware" Glock box. maybe it was, but it didn't look like it.
    The box I am thinking of had a plastic stud in the center of it and the lid had a hole for the stud.
    the lid to the box was held on by a fastenter. The older Gen 1 glocks came with these boxes and they are getting harder to find.

regardless, you got a good deal on a great gun

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Yeah yeah yeah - I got that. I gotta put on my horse-trading pants on Monday. Three way deals get complicated - at least we're all friends and work together. The potential buyer wants a pistol I've got so I've got a little leverage.

vmax - As I said in the original post, I know nothing about them. I assumed the box was the original one, but I didn't pay much attention to it, but you're probably right. I didn't notice the stud. If it is, and you're interested, and the deal goes down, and, and and - you can have first dibs on it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Yeah yeah yeah - I got that. I gotta put on my horse-trading pants on Monday. Three way deals get complicated - at least we're all friends and work together. The potential buyer wants a pistol I've got so I've got a little leverage.

vmax - As I said in the original post, I know nothing about them. I assumed the box was the original one, but I didn't pay much attention to it, but you're probably right. I didn't notice the stud. If it is, and you're interested, and the deal goes down, and, and and - you can have first dibs on it.

That isn't the original box. They had that stud mentioned, no handle hole, and no foam. They were small too. One mag had to be in the gun or everything wouldn't fit inside.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Holy shit. $300 first gen 17?! I just bought one with one mag and no spare barrel for $430 + tax.

You'd be crazy not to buy this. Check to see if it has the black parts.

Top Bottom