Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    i got small hands, the XD fits better
    the XD has a grip safety, i think that's a benefit
    i don't like the grip angle on the glocks, that' just me
    but both guns are top performers

I definitely hear ya on the grip angle of the Glock.... Plus the slimline grip on the Xd is so natural feeling...
    Gun Zone Deals

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I guess you can see from this thread that nothing is decisive.
    My .02 > the XD 9 was the worst gun I have ever shot ~ the trigger was terrible.
    I own a G19 and it is a real sweet shooter.
    So there ya have it.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I was unsure, have shot several glocks and liked them very much. Had not shot the XD until recently and now I like both equally... my wife is not happy that now I would like to own both... hehe

perchjerk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    not sure how anyone can say the g19 has a better trig. than the XD...! much shorter rest and much lighter! both great guns, i onw the g19 and the xd9sc and carryt hem both! shoot both and ull want both!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    not sure how anyone can say the g19 has a better trig. than the XD...! much shorter rest and much lighter! both great guns, i onw the g19 and the xd9sc and carryt hem both! shoot both and ull want both!

The pull on the Glock is the same as the XD. Both are ~5.5 lbs. ... if your Glock is heavier you might have a 8# LEO connector installed.

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    I've owned all kinds of pistols---Ruger-Taurus-Rossi-Beretta. Some revolvers, some auto. I shot a Glock & sold all my pistols & bought a G17. I dont even look at pistols anymore. I've bought the best, I dont need the rest. My Glock works perfect for me. Law enforcement around the world use them--- I guess they are good enough for me.

Exactly what I did. The only different out of my handgun collection is my S&W 642. I don't trust anything else but my Glocks and/or my Snubbie.

Your money, your choice...Good luck.;)

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    I have been shopping for a bit, but I won't buy until I'm able to fire both. However, without firing a single round through the XD, I like it a LOT. My best friend is a Glock armorer, so I've fired a couple models each of the 9mm, .40, and .45. I like the Glocks and recommended the Glock 26 to my sister (she loves it). However, I really like a few things about the Springfield:

• the way it fits my hand. This is obviously a preference thing for everyone.
    • the price is cheaper here in Houston. For whatever reason, Glock prices have jumped beyond reasonable here. Well, all guns have, but even within that context ....
    • The rear grip safety. My wife has a revolver, but has never fired a semi-auto. I like the idea of more safeties available to her, because I may one day hand this one over to her.
    • There's a firing pin indicator and a chambered round indicator. Those are sort of trivial things, but with my wife, it gives me a small extra feeling of comfort in teaching her the ropes.
    I have nothing at all against the Glock, but I'm really liking what I see from the XD. If I like it at the range, I'll be buying it in a couple weeks.

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    I've bought several Glocks of various calibers over the years with them being be default weapon. I've got a Sig and a Kel-tec, but nothing fit as good as my Glock.

I went up to the range to get some time in a week or so ago, and rented an XD to see what a couple of my friends have been ranting about. OMG! Much better fit in my hand resulting in better accuracy. Granted, I do have small hands, but the XD fits my hand better.

I can't speak to long term reliability of the XD, but have been making room in the Glock collection for the SA.

Definitely try to rent and fire both, see what feels better and works better for you.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    I've owned all kinds of pistols---Ruger-Taurus-Rossi-Beretta. Some revolvers, some auto. I shot a Glock & sold all my pistols & bought a G17. I dont even look at pistols anymore. I've bought the best, I dont need the rest. My Glock works perfect for me. Law enforcement around the world use them--- I guess they are good enough for me.

Last weekend at Lonestar I saw what happens when "the best" blows out a .45 case through the unsupported portion of the chamber. Shot the magazine straight out the gun.

Would I take one over a Ruger, Taurus, or a Rossi? Yes. Do police budgets like glocks? Probably.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Last weekend at Lonestar I saw what happens when "the best" blows out a .45 case through the unsupported portion of the chamber. Shot the magazine straight out the gun.

Would I take one over a Ruger, Taurus, or a Rossi? Yes. Do police budgets like glocks? Probably.

Both are great guns, neither are perfect. Police budgets like Glocks, but so do police officers. Ease of maintenance, few parts, nearly indestructable. One of the reasons they are so cheap is that they are so popular. The more of a product you make, the cheaper you can sell it for. Our guys shoot next to DPS Troopers all the time and our G31s shoot just as well as their SIGs and just as accurate. Even though a Glock will fail on VERY rare occasions (as will any gun), if I could only have one gun to protect my home and family with....it would be a Glock.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I've bought several Glocks of various calibers over the years with them being be default weapon. I've got a Sig and a Kel-tec, but nothing fit as good as my Glock.

I went up to the range to get some time in a week or so ago, and rented an XD to see what a couple of my friends have been ranting about. OMG! Much better fit in my hand resulting in better accuracy. Granted, I do have small hands, but the XD fits my hand better.

I can't speak to long term reliability of the XD, but have been making room in the Glock collection for the SA.

Definitely try to rent and fire both, see what feels better and works better for you.

That is badass that you enjoy it so much... This is what you see a lot of the time is Glock users swearing by them and not really seeing the need for other semi-autos... I will let them have their way with them... My first semi-auto was a Colt Mustang and I fell in love with it but the only thing about it was I couldn't find ammo for it recently... then I switched over and bought a Taurus PT111 and it was the worst mistake I've ever made... I quickly sold it and bought a Ruger SP101 revolver and lover ever time it fired... then I gently stepped back into the semi-auto realm and bought the XD after browsing hundreds of pieces and have not had any regrets yet... my only complaint with Glocks is the uncomfortable angle that their handle is at and those grooves are on there for one size fits most not one size fits all... I've had to put Hogue grips on pieces in the past but not the XD... as you said it is so comfortable in your hand... If you have the Sub-compact make sure to pick up pearce extensions... I swear by these because they keep the gun lean but controllable...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    That is badass that you enjoy it so much... This is what you see a lot of the time is Glock users swearing by them and not really seeing the need for other semi-autos... I will let them have their way with them... My first semi-auto was a Colt Mustang and I fell in love with it but the only thing about it was I couldn't find ammo for it recently... then I switched over and bought a Taurus PT111 and it was the worst mistake I've ever made... I quickly sold it and bought a Ruger SP101 revolver and lover ever time it fired... then I gently stepped back into the semi-auto realm and bought the XD after browsing hundreds of pieces and have not had any regrets yet... my only complaint with Glocks is the uncomfortable angle that their handle is at and those grooves are on there for one size fits most not one size fits all... I've had to put Hogue grips on pieces in the past but not the XD... as you said it is so comfortable in your hand... If you have the Sub-compact make sure to pick up pearce extensions... I swear by these because they keep the gun lean but controllable...

1st....I love that quote about teachers....very true.

glock owners DO tend to be very loyal, and much of that probably stems from their comfort with the gun. At last check Glock had 85% of the LE market so there are bound to be lots of glock lovers among them. I own and have owned lots of other semi-autos too. I thinkk my comfort level with the glock along with its ultra-reliable design keeps me a glock lover.

If the guy who started this thread bought an XD or M&P or anything else comparable I would not say he made a bad choice, but since he was soliciting opinions.....well, I guess he got more than he bargained for!

I have a couple of the subcompacts and have the grip extensions. I have them on a G23 too. Don't use them on the full size models though.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    1st....I love that quote about teachers....very true.

glock owners DO tend to be very loyal, and much of that probably stems from their comfort with the gun. At last check Glock had 85% of the LE market so there are bound to be lots of glock lovers among them. I own and have owned lots of other semi-autos too. I thinkk my comfort level with the glock along with its ultra-reliable design keeps me a glock lover.

If the guy who started this thread bought an XD or M&P or anything else comparable I would not say he made a bad choice, but since he was soliciting opinions.....well, I guess he got more than he bargained for!

I have a couple of the subcompacts and have the grip extensions. I have them on a G23 too. Don't use them on the full size models though.

thanks... I can definitely understand you not wanting to use grip extensions on the full size... I tend to stray away from full size models because they feel awkward in my hand during firing... thats why I usually go for the more compact slide and then either lengthen the handle a little or just get a little rest for my pinkie... now there definitely is too small... but a sub-compact XD is like perfect sized and perfect quality...

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    i got small hands, the XD fits better
    the XD has a grip safety, i think that's a benefit
    i don't like the grip angle on the glocks, that' just me
    but both guns are top performers

My observations also.
    I have had a half dozen Glocks and they go "bang" when you pull the trigger.
    My XD's do thesame but I prefer the ergonomics of them. It feels like an "updated" Glock to me also.

I think you will have a good carry/defense piece either way.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    My observations also.
    I have had a half dozen Glocks and they go "bang" when you pull the trigger.
    My XD's do thesame but I prefer the ergonomics of them. It feels like an "updated" Glock to me also.

I think you will have a good carry/defense piece either way.

An updated Glock is an excellent way to phrase it... they have taken all the nice elements that people look for in a whole line of semi-autos and just made them perfect... What Springfield has done is stunning...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom