• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    (Got it on. See my next reply) Just purchased this Glock 19 Gen 5. The directions says to just push the slide on without pressing the trigger. Well it won't go any farther than this pic. How do I get the slide back on?
    Military Camp

Attachments

• Glock 19 (15 rd).JPG
      Glock 19 (15 rd).JPG
      81.8 KB · Views: 111
    Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Yeah, a disassembled Glock should *not* have the trigger in the forward / reset position. You *have* to pull the trigger to take the gun apart, and then to get it back together, otherwise the trigger bar gets in the way. The slide just slips back on and the slide lock will automatically engage once the barrel makes contact with the locking block, and the trigger will reset as you pull the slide at least 1/4 inch rearward past being in battery.

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    Yeah, a disassembled Glock should *not* have the trigger in the forward / reset position. You *have* to pull the trigger to take the gun apart, and then to get it back together, otherwise the trigger bar gets in the way. The slide just slips back on and the slide lock will automatically engage once the barrel makes contact with the locking block, and the trigger will reset as you pull the slide at least 1/4 inch rearward past being in battery.
    Yes, exactly I found out. LOL My first Glock. Thanks!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Yes, exactly I found out. LOL My first Glock. Thanks!

First for everything, right? The M&P can be taken apart like a Glock, or you can use the sear deactivation lever and it's a non-issue. The trigger becomes dead until the lever is popped back into place either by finger, or by inserting a magazine. I like my M&P's, I usually just take it apart in the Glock style, because its a tad faster and easier.

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    First for everything, right? The M&P can be taken apart like a Glock, or you can use the sear deactivation lever and it's a non-issue. The trigger becomes dead until the lever is popped back into place either by finger, or by inserting a magazine. I like my M&P's, I usually just take it apart in the Glock style, because its a tad faster and easier.
    I was debating between the M&P 2.0 and my Glock. Never had a Glock so decided on it. And too, I got the Glock on the Blue Label so about $200 less for the Glock decided for me. Even though I think the M&P 2.0 would have been a better choice.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I was debating between the M&P 2.0 and my Glock. Never had a Glock so decided on it. And too, I got the Glock on the Blue Label so about $200 less for the Glock decided for me. Even though I think the M&P 2.0 would have been a better choice.
    I've got both the M&P 2.0 and a Glock 19 Gen 5. Both are pretty easy to field strip and I seem just as accurate with both.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Actually, moving the trilgger bar is what I finally tried. And also moving the firing pin forward. Thanks for the exploded view!

Awesome. I figured you might have, just wanted to share that tid bit.

Glocks are fine guns for what they are despite the caterwauling by many here. ;)

You did fine getting one. The M&Ps are my preference but nothing wrong with a Gen 5 Glock.

Last edited:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Thanks for the exploded view!

Oh, I meant to mention, the diagram came from this:

Might be handy to have for your cleaning area.

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land

Definitely a handy mat particularly when you have the gun apart on the mat. I did copy it and have it in my desktop for reference. Thanks again!

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

That's funny, when I search for "exploded view Glock" I get this:

1634652571153.png

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I saw that happen first hand several years ago.
    I was at the Garland Public Shooting Range. A guy one bay over to my left had that exact thing happen to him. Turns out he was shooting lead bullet reloads at +P rating.
    When he signed in at the Range Office and his ammo was checked, he was told it was not a good idea to shoot lead bullets in earlier Glocks. He said he had done it before and had no problems. Well, his luck ran out that day and he ended up getting a ride in a ambulance.
    I received a misting of "rain" of blood.
    The Gen 5 Glocks have a different barrel configuration than the older Glocks. It is not your typical polygonal ridge like in the original Glocks.
    I carry a Gen 4 G19 in my car everywhere I go. It has never had a lead bullet down the pipe. Seeing that Glock explode made me decide to never try lead in my Glocks.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

View attachment 283242

Doh - what was that gun blog / forum that used to rag on Glocks constantly because of a few .40's that exploded because of reloads or over pressures? I think the guy who ran it was retired NYPD or something - he raged against Glocks and this pic would give him a huge throbber and he'd post every pic like this he could.

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Doh - what was that gun blog / forum that used to rag on Glocks constantly because of a few .40's that exploded because of reloads or over pressures? I think the guy who ran it was retired NYPD or something - he raged against Glocks and this pic would give him a huge throbber and he'd post every pic like this he could.
    You're giving me way too much credit here. I'm not raging against Glocks, I'm just stirring the pot. I've been known to post bad 1911 photos too. I also play both sides of the fence on 9mm vs 45 aarp.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    You're giving me way too much credit here. I'm not raging against Glocks, I'm just stirring the pot. I've been known to post bad 1911 photos too. I also play both sides of the fence on 9mm vs 45 aarp.

Nah, it was a genuine question. That photo spurred memories, but I can't remember the website name. The owner was rabidly anti-Glock because mostly gen 2 Glock .40s with unsupported chambers would explode when someone tried running poor reloads or overly hot rounds thru them. Wasn't accusing you of rabid-anti-glockness, if that's what you conferred!

TxStetson

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Nah, it was a genuine question. That photo spurred memories, but I can't remember the website name. The owner was rabidly anti-Glock because mostly gen 2 Glock .40s with unsupported chambers would explode when someone tried running poor reloads or overly hot rounds thru them. Wasn't accusing you of rabid-anti-glockness, if that's what you conferred!
    I had a few friends who loved the 10 mm's little retarded brother, aka 40 short and weak. They would go to the Midland Shooter's Association range and spend an hour picking up brass off the ground, and then spend 3 days sorting through it all and throwing out the 40 brass that had the little belly bulge while bitching about Glock owners.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom