• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hedges7334

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2017
    San Antonio
    Iinstalled the agency 417 brake on my 19 but now it is stove piping I’m guessing the 115gr ammo I’m using it’s too light but also thinking I should swap the recoil spring as I already planned to do so in the near future but just not sure where to order one and what to go with. As I think the gen 4 already comes with an 18lb recoil spring

Any good leads or advice is greatly appreciated

cb2831e990c1021e4b2a4a6a1eb489bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Iinstalled the agency 417 brake on my 19 but now it is stove piping I’m guessing the 115gr ammo I’m using it’s too light but also thinking I should swap the recoil spring as I already planned to do so in the near future but just not sure where to order one and what to go with. As I think the gen 4 already comes with an 18lb recoil spring

Any good leads or advice is greatly appreciated

cb2831e990c1021e4b2a4a6a1eb489bf.jpg

Does it do the same thing w/o the brake?

Anyway, consider putting a Gen 3 recoil rod and spring in instead of the double spring. You can order those single springs. I have both 14lb and 11lb springs for my G34.

hedges7334

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2017
    San Antonio
    First of all, welcome to TGT.

Second, I'll ask this question first, then come back to it later.

Why do you feel the need for the compensator?

Gun was not stove piping without comp.

Mainly to decrease muzzle rise and this is the first glock I’ve actually done anything to. Just trying to have fun with it and fine tune and test things out and learn.

hedges7334

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2017
    San Antonio
    Does it do the same thing w/o the brake?

Anyway, consider putting a Gen 3 recoil rod and spring in instead of the double spring. You can order those single springs. I have both 14lb and 11lb springs for my G34.

Does not do it without the comp.

Preciate the advice might give that a whirl

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    The reason I recommended changing to a single spring recoil rod is that I think they are cheaper than the double spring assbly. It might take you trying out a few diff ones to find the right one for your load.

Going from 18lb to 13lb sounds like a lot. Might try 16lb first, going too light can be hard on a handgun.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Gun was not stove piping without comp.

Mainly to decrease muzzle rise and this is the first glock I’ve actually done anything to. Just trying to have fun with it and fine tune and test things out and learn.

I'm going to probably take a different approach than some others. Take the compensator off and return the pistol back to it's stock configuration.

Reasons I say this? Simple. Most people THINK they need a compensator. Fact is, very, very few people actually can realize the benefits that a compensator adds to a pistol. Most people don't realize, just as you are now finding out, that one change in the operation of the pistol, leads to others needing to be made. Most people add a compensator to their pistols for the "cool' factor it gives them, not for practical purposes.

Question you need to ask yourself is this. Do I REALLY need a compensator, or is it because I want one because they look cool on the pistol? And be honest with yourself.

Some of my thoughts on compensators. The vast majority of people will never realize the added benefit of having a comped pistol. Simple fact is, that most are just not that good a pistol shooter and don't shoot enough rounds to know the difference. Do compensators work? Some do, and probably all to some small measure of a degree, but IMO, most are sold to make pistols look cook and tactical. Why? Because cool and tactical sell very well and are a money-maker. Unless the pistol is range only gun for just the fun of shooting with it, or experimenting, or a competition type pistol to gain any small measure of advantage, I would never put a compensator on any pistol.

Top Bottom