• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Crying about grip angle is an excuse for a poor shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    No it isn't. I understand it's a training issue. My issue I have 20 other pistols that use the correct angle. To me, it's dumb to use the Austrian standard vs the most of the world. If you only own Glocks it isn't an issue, but how boring would that be.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    No it isn't. I understand it's a training issue. My issue I have 20 other pistols that use the correct angle. To me, it's dumb to use the Austrian standard vs the most of the world. If you only own Glocks it isn't an issue, but how boring would that be.

Sure it is. A good shooter can switch between platforms with no loss of accuracy or functionality.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Sure it is. A good shooter can switch between platforms with no loss of accuracy or functionality.

whatever. It's habbits. I don't feel like using thousands of rounds to train into a platform I don't like. I can group quite well with a glock. Just hate having to lower the nose each shot. Again not my thing.

Meet me at the dueling tree lol

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Not necessarily. It comes down to what or how many different types of pistols a person owns, and shoots with, and how much they shoot those pistol.

Old man said, once, "Beware the man that only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

If a person owns one gun, or one type of pistol, and doesn't shoot other types, it can't be assumed that person would be a good shooter with them.

You are making assumptions that just aren't based in reality.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Not necessarily. It comes down to what or how many different types of pistols a person owns, and shoots with, and how much they shoot those pistol.

Old man said, once, "Beware the man that only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

If a person owns one gun, or one type of pistol, and doesn't shoot other types, it can't be assumed that person would be a good shooter with them.

You are making assumptions that just aren't based in reality.

Again not really. When I used to shoot a lot I could switch between 1911 and Glock and shoot to the same poa repeatedly.

It’s really not that hard. The grip angle is just more internet BS that people use to hate on Glocks.

I’m not discounting the adage you posted above about 1 gun but don’t discount that people can shoot multiple platforms equally as well.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Again not really. When I used to shoot a lot I could switch between 1911 and Glock and shoot to the same poa repeatedly.

It’s really not that hard. The grip angle is just more internet BS that people use to hate on Glocks.

I’m not discounting the adage you posted above about 1 gun but don’t discount that people can shoot multiple platforms equally as well.

But you are making an assumption about other shooters, based on your personal experiences of shooting pistols.

If a person goes and buys one pistol, regardless of what brand or type, or platform, or caliber, learns to shoot that pistol well and accurately, but never has the opportunity to shoot other types of pistols, they may never become good shooter with other types of pistols.

The Glock grip angle is not internet BS. I don't care for the Glock grip angle either, but I still can shoot the Glock decently enough.

I have owned hundreds of pistols over the years, and factoring in all my friends and family that are gun owners, I have probably shot thousands of different types, brands, calibers and platforms of pistols over those years. I can't make assumptions about another person's ability to be a good shooter across various platforms like myself because of my unique circumstances. Not everyone has shared my experiences with guns as I have.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    If it doesn't have a 1+911 grip angle then it's good for me. Mainly because of my wrist having a broken bone. S&W, SIG,Glock, fn, deagle, ruger, Springfield and any other non 1911 grip I can shoot very well left or right handed!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Obviously the Ruger grip angle is superior.
    1627942050591.png

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom