• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nates0819

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    FT Hood TX
    Hey all, so I changed my min and decided to go with a 19c over a 21sf as a deployment gift to myself. I found LWD Barrels for the 19c but couldn't find one that was threaded to run a suppressor. Do they make a ported drop in barrel that is also threaded? Or would I have to buy a threaded barrel to drop in that's not ported? Which will them defeat the purpose of buying a 19c. Any input is appreciated! Thanks.
    -Nate

Nates0819

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    FT Hood TX
    I'm going to buy a threded barrel anyway. To alleviate having to buy another gun. I'm just curious if it will work or even make sense for that matter

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    If it was mine, I would buy a threaded barrel for suppressor work, and leave the ported barrel on the rest of the time. You probably know that the suppressor provides an increased amount of back pressure in the barrel which if it was ported would probably provide you with a spectacular flash. This flash and accompanying sound would also reduce the the amount of suppression significantly.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I have a bunch of 9mm cans and an assortment of Glocks. Yes, a ported barrel plus a supressor makes a very big flash :)

I like the 19C a lot, too.

Alex

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I prefer the TiRant. The suppression is very dependent on the ammo. 147g 9mm is subsonic and pretty quiet. 115g 9mm is supersonic and will produce a crack. A lot of people on here say to buy a .45 suppressor because you can use it on a .40 or a 9mm. I was not aware of that and purchased a 9mm. Depending on which one you choose you will probably need some suppressor sights which are high enough to see over it. Others aim with the existing sights and imagine where the point of aim is. It works but a clear sight picture is better.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I sell a lot of cans. My favorite pistol can is the SilencerCo Osprey in .45 because, well, they go on everything. Bushings are available for various thread patterns so it can be used on (as IXLR8) said, other calibers. I didn't notice any measured difference on a 9mm v. .45 ACP through the .45 can than with a dedicated caliber can, and yes, all of the cans are very load dependent as far as "loudness."

I'll put it on a short full auto KRISS once the little subgun gets here and see what that does.

My other favorite pistol caliber can is the YHM QD because they are cheap and work as well as the expensive cans. I tend to leave mine on my 10" full auto Uzi though.

I haven't measured the ported barrel/can combo for decibel level, but it seemed the same to the ear and the flash was impressive.

Alex

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    I guess I don't understand the attraction of a compensated pistol.....?

and, other than it looks nifty in action movies, the suppressed pistol

(above are rhetorical and don't require explanations - simply my personal opinions)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I guess I don't understand the attraction of a compensated pistol.....?

and, other than it looks nifty in action movies, the suppressed pistol

(above are rhetorical and don't require explanations - simply my personal opinions)

Lol, can't post an opinion here without having it questioned or someone commenting on why they disagree.

I've got a ported barrel for my XDm, definitely fun to shoot. If you really want the reasoning, because you are back on target faster.....and it looks cool;)

Nates0819

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    FT Hood TX
    Anybody think having engravings on top of the slide will interfere with sight alignment or picture? I'm thinking I may see the engraving while aiming and it may impede my aiming. Any thoughts?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Anybody think having engravings on top of the slide will interfere with sight alignment or picture? I'm thinking I may see the engraving while aiming and it may impede my aiming. Any thoughts?

Don't worry about it, won't see anything, at least I don't.
    I have LW barrels in all my Glocks....

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    OOPS, my bad, I did not read your post correctly, I was referring to marks vs no marks on the barrel, (they offer a "plain" barrel if one does not want their emblem on it).
    While I don't think that engraving on the slide would make any difference, I am in no way able to tell you it won't, as I have
    no experience with it, sorry.....

Top Bottom