• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I gots a grinder from China Freight. Always wanted to try that...

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I don't think you can just grind down the Glock hump. If you do that, you end up with a hole in the back of your frame, since the rear portion of the Glock frame is hollow. You're going to have to fill that void with epoxy, or something like that before you grind it down, and then follow up with a nice stipple job.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Youll need to add epoxy to the grip hole. Make sure you properly tape off internal holes, or you ruined your gun. You can dye the filler with graphite powder. Let dry for 24-48 hours, then carefully begin taking material away.

sent from my dishwasher

stalker19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Mom's basement
    The grind/fill with epoxy isn't the best solution. Eventually the epoxy is going to separate and leave the gun. They are frequently accompanied by bed liner over the top, which has the same problems as epoxy adhering to polymer long-term, the bonds are poor against shock and impact. It looks sloppy because it is.

Look for someone who does a good heat reduction. Cold Bore Solutions is one that is in TX. The priority should be getting a quality service, not who's closest.

I've seen "bondo" jobs by several companies go TU, haven't seen any issues with the good heat reductions yet.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    The grind/fill with epoxy isn't the best solution. Eventually the epoxy is going to separate and leave the gun. They are frequently accompanied by bed liner over the top, which has the same problems as epoxy adhering to polymer long-term, the bonds are poor against shock and impact. It looks sloppy because it is.

Look for someone who does a good heat reduction. Cold Bore Solutions is one that is in TX. The priority should be getting a quality service, not who's closest.

I've seen "bondo" jobs by several companies go TU, haven't seen any issues with the good heat reductions yet.

Hmmm thats quite an interesting point. Thanks for stating it, ill have to read more into it.

sent from my dishwasher

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    If it's just the shape you dislike I suggest trying a Grip-Force Adapter first. I love mine and it saves a fair amount of money on gunsmithing.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom