• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I hate to see a gun sit in a safe everyday, besides my wife took ownership of my 26 since I've been gone :/

Geez, sounds like my wife. Lol. She has a 26, but wants my 30....ummmmmmmm, NO! Lol. I will buy her one soon and probably hang on to the 26.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hah I took DHs carry when he was gone too. He said he wanted it back. Guess who got a new gun? Me ;)

Nate I have to get a workout in now but afterwards I'll take some pics of my EDC I've carried since Aug and the wear it has from my leather IWB. It is identifiable on the slide leading edges and sharp corners. The flats aren't affected as much except noticeable when oil is sucked from the gun after a day of carry.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Friction causes finish wear. Kydex, leather, nylon, whatever.

It takes a while for a finish to develop noticeable wear of the finish. The type of finish on the gun matters. The amount of friction you cause (by drawing & holstering) matters. The area of any contact of the gun to the holster will experience some degree of wear - from unnoticeable to noticeable.

Commit to not caring about the wear and be "utilitarian" about it and amazingly you don't see any wear.

I'll piggy-back on this and say that if you're going to carry you'd better learn to live with wear, 'cuz it's gonna happen. I just think of my worn guns as "Well-loved."

drew02a

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Saw this thread when it was started, but didn't have anything to contribute till now.

I essentially traded my Glock 29 for a Glock 20C and have been carrying the full frame 10mm for the last 2 weeks. I have to say it's actually pretty comfortable once I got the holster adjusted to the proper ride height (comp-tac minotaur holster with wilderness tactical instructor belt). I've been taking alot of long trips lately, and it's even pretty comfortable while driving; for the first couple hours anyway.

I'm 6' 1" and 205lbs, but really not a big framed guy. And while I wouldn't recommend carrying it to everyone, it works for me.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom