• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nates0819

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    FT Hood TX
    Hey all, I haven't been active on here in the last 4 months due to my deployment. I'm sure you all have missed me very much, as I have missed you all. ;) so for our deployment present we are all getting engraved Glock 21SF's which most likely will turn into my new conceal carry weapon when I back. Ill retire my 26 (since my wife decided its now hers). Anyone carried or still carry a 21 on the regular? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance
    -Nate

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I do not have a SF model but rather a Gen3 G21. I am a big man and I would not want to EDC my G21 unless I had too. Awesome weapon but the compact version G30 is my choice for a EDC. I OWB with a CompTac paddle with an undershirt and an un-tucked outer shirt. I would also recommend a nice 1.5" thick gun belt as a semi EDC can get a bit heavy and will tug on your belt all day.

I recommend Tennessee Holster Company as they hand manufacture top quality products with outstanding materials.

Leather Holsters for Springfield XD, Glock, 1911, M&P, Beretta, Ruger, Sig, Taurus, Kahr,

heavy leather belts, gun belts, black belt, brown leather belt, heavy duty belts

Thank you for your service!

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)
    Welcome back, Nate!
    I carry a 21 almost everyday. I am kinda big so i can hide it in almost any old holster, so might not be much help to you.

You sure you want to carry a unit-engraved gun? They usually turn out so nice that I'd hate to carry it: holster wear might ruin the engraving and if you ever use it, its taken (at least temporarily) by the investigators.

Still, if its your best; your life is worth the best.

C-

Nates0819

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    FT Hood TX
    Well, I don't use kydex holsters mainly because I hate holster wear. I usually rock an uncle mikes universal holster. But that was with a 26. I'm also a firm believer of carrying every gun I own lol. Not at the same time of coarse ;)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I built holsters for guys that did carry a 21. Still don't know how they did it, but they did. Of course the guys were all big and tall so they had the real estate to do it. Get yourself the proper gear and it will do good things to help you conceal and carry that gun.

Welcome home.

ussblade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    I just got my concealed carry last month or so. I carry a G21 gen 4, full size in a Galco holster, IWB. It was on display where i took my CHL course, and it fit my gun, so i got it. I'm approx 5'8" and about 140 lbs. After a month of carrying everywhere, if it isn't there, i feel naked. I realize its a big gun, but after about the first week, even traveling in my truck, it really didn't bother me at all. I have held an SF at a dealer, and it would probably be more comfortable in the long run. Just stating my experience, smaller built man, with the larger frame gun.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I want a G21, but not the slim frame. I carry a G30 every day in a full leather OWB holster. Every now and then I carry IWB and it has Kydex and it has put some wear on it, so I try not to carry IWB if I can help it. Looking for a full leather IWB to carry with, just dont know which one I would want.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Do leather holsters typically cause "holster wear"?

Friction causes finish wear. Kydex, leather, nylon, whatever.

It takes a while for a finish to develop noticeable wear of the finish. The type of finish on the gun matters. The amount of friction you cause (by drawing & holstering) matters. The area of any contact of the gun to the holster will experience some degree of wear - from unnoticeable to noticeable.

Commit to not caring about the wear and be "utilitarian" about it and amazingly you don't see any wear.

Nates0819

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    FT Hood TX
    I'm only concerned because my 21sf is getting engraved with my deployment info but I plan on carrying in daily when I get back. So i would like to keep it in as good of condition as possible for as long as possible

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I'm only concerned because my 21sf is getting engraved with my deployment info but I plan on carrying in daily when I get back. So i would like to keep it in as good of condition as possible for as long as possible

Ahh, I wouldn't carry your deployment pistol. DH is not. He decided to go heirloom and he's going to look for a shooter in the same model.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom