Glock 23 Finger Grooves and Robar

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Lil'Joe, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Lil'Joe

Lil'Joe New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Houston
    I am having problems getting the right "Feel" on my G23.

I have fairly large hands, I guess maybe you could describe them as sausage fingered.

I have the finger grooves on my glock, and they are two small for my fingers. I have actually placed the hogue/pachmyer grip to increase the grip size, but it still is too small for my fingers.

I have discussed the issue with Robar, and they can remove the finger grooves and stiple the handle, but again, never seen any of their work and not sure about the feel.

Any suggestions?

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Let Dale Hunnicut do it. Talk to the guys at Shiloh.

He'll custom mold it to whatever you want, and is local.

3. Sneakyabn

Sneakyabn New Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Pasadena
    Dale is G2G. I have had several guns Duracoated by him and am getting ready to have some stimpling done as well.

4. Lumberjack98

Lumberjack98 Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Katy
  5. brickboy240

brickboy240 Active Member

May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Dale did my Glock 22 and I LOVE it. Glock reliability an 1911 pointability...the best of both worlds. He does great work!

Yes...I HATE finger grooves on any pistol. Reason number one why my Glocks are 2nd gen guns. Why does anyone want a grip that "tells" your fingers where to go?

Have Dale mod your Glock grip....you'll wonder how you shot a Glock this long without this mod.

- brickboy240

6. diverge

diverge New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Dale was at the last GRB gunshow. He was displaying some of his work. Maybe if you go to Tomball then you could handle some of his work. He told me it would take about a week for a grip reduction. I know alot of shooters that have had his grip reduction and like it.

The problem with the Glock compact models is that one of the finger grooves is smaller than the other two which are the normal size.