• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    Anybody have any info/experiences ins/outs of the G30 45auto? Will have the G19 in 9mm soon for conceal carry. Just wondered peoples thoughts on the bigger caliber.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    im close to pulling the trigger on the 30s
    its a 30 with a 36 slide.
    supposedly close to the g19 in size.
    can take mags from the kriss vector (25 rd)
    have seen nothing but great things on the 30 in general

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The G30 is my favorite.

mine too. It has been my primary CCW for 2 years now it's also a darn pleasure to shoot at the range. It eats anything I feed it and it's accurate.
    I have used a Bianchi size 11 leather IWB and it is very comfortable

I put on one of those slide on rubberized grip sleeves and installed an extended slide release and these are the only two things I feel improved the gun for my use

Dman62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Prosper, TX
    I've had my 30 since 1999 and it's been a great gun. Goes bang every time I pull the trigger and is more accurate than a lot of full size 45's. If it feels good in your hand I say get it.

Pringle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2013
    I love the Glock30. It's mid-compact size, it's versatility in capacity 10,13&30rd factory mags (my Kriss Super V uses them also *bonus) not to mention the undeniable stopping power the .45acp round makes it an awesome choice for an everyday carry option.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I have had mine for about 10 + years. Its been awesome. I just wish it wasnt so wide, but its still acceptable. I wont ever get rid of it.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The new G30S actually ends up being pretty much the same size as a G19, and it will actually even fit some G19 holsters (not really form fitted holsters, but hybrid style holsters).

As far as the caliber, for the most part, pistol caliber doesn't make any significant difference. Between 9mm, 40sw, and 45acp, there isn't a massive difference unless we start talking about things like barrier penetration. Here's a good thread on the matter: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/video-how-tos-tutorials/32458-wound-ballistics-overview.html

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I carry the G30 every day. I love it. I carry OWB and IWB and it is very comfortable. Accurate and dependable. I guess it would have to be because I trust my life with it. I carry two spare mags in a leather pouch holder on my left side. I know some find the width to be a little much, but it doesnt bother me at all. Dont get me wrong, love my G19 too, it was my first handgun, but the 30 is my carry gun.

Txpitdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Htown
    I had a rigged out 30sf that I sold and wish I had back. Never had a single issue with it and kept it stoked with 230gr HST +P. I sold it partially due to the act that I could never find a comfortable way to carry it IWB. Sold it, tried other guns, and discovered that it wasn't the 30SF that I didn't like, it's IWB carry that I don't like. Had been looking for the past few months for a used one at non-crackhead prices to no avail. Came across a Gen 3 19 with 9 mags for less than what the Gen 4's are selling for and couldn't turn it down. Now I just gotta find a good pancake OWB for the 19 (and still looking for a 30SF) and I'm all set.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom