Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I need one.

Probably not the most controllable .45 to shoot but it will be a good companion to my 21s. A little on the heavy side for concealed carry also.

Besides that, it is a Glock. Buy with confidence if it fits a need for you.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I wouldn't mind having one. But, before you decide, check out the Glock 30s. It is slightly more concealable, yet maintains the ammo capacity of the 30.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Love my Gen 2.5. Only problem is that it came with LEO mags that cannot be found anywhere and they function the best out of any 10round mags out there. Put my own touches on it to make it my own and it fires and functions fast and smooth. I am more accurate with it than my 21 Gen 3. Take the 21 mags which I carry for spares.

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I need one.

Probably not the most controllable .45 to shoot but it will be a good companion to my 21s. A little on the heavy side for concealed carry also.

Besides that, it is a Glock. Buy with confidence if it fits a need for you.
    I've got the g36. It'll come out of your hands if you're not ready for it.

WCDUB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Glocktalk/glock 30

Just make sure you post what they like or get booted lol

True! I've been banned for life for calling a poster a stupid a##hole because he wouldn't say what he dis-agreed with in my post,but just answered with those irritating/stupid emoticons.

To all posters:I didn't make it clear that I already have a
    glock 30 Gen 4.Shot 70rds through it,love it! I just wanted opinions from others who have it.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I'll add a little more. I have had a G30 since 98 and 'for me' it is the perfect gun. I have bigger hands so its fits me perfectly without modifying the grips. I did however install a slide release lever (Glock I think?) that has the pronounced thumb catch for easier use. I like the stock sights but replaced the front with a steel one since the gun gets holstered a lot. I like light triggers so I installed a 6lb spring and a 3.5 trigger which improved my shooting. Ended up doing the same to my 21. Also, Flitz'd every surface in the trigger which also smoothed it out and made it operate a little better.

Only negative I've found is that since it isn't the most popular model and that it is bigger some aftermarket mfgrs don't make their wares for the G30. The same can be said for the 21.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Only negative I've found is that since it isn't the most popular model and that it is bigger some aftermarket mfgrs don't make their wares for the G30. The same can be said for the 21.

FWIW - I've noticed that with other guns made in .45 ACP that are more commonly offered in other calibers. I think that's the price you pay for having a 45 that isn't a 1911.

That said, I've heard quite a few owners praise the 30 for being surprisingly accurate for a subcompact. Haven't fired that myself though, so it's all 2nd hand. Seems like a good gun.

Top Bottom