Join TexasGunTalk

Glock 32 Stolen at Extended Stay Hotel at Wilcrest and Katy Fwy

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by NativH, Sep 28, 2016.

1. NativH

NativH Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Houston
    Stayed at the subject hotel Sunday night. Checked in at 10 PM, went out at 5 AM to find front passenger door window broken out and my G32 357SIG (serial # DCR561US) gone from the center console of my Z71 Tahoe. That afternoon I talked to the hotel manager and of course no outside cameras. Maintenance man overheard us and told me he cleaned up glass from three places in their parking lot that morning. I was not alone.

He also said they had a group/gang come through 18 hotels along I-10/BW8 about a month ago and target nice pickups and SUV's for guns. I normally take my pistol in but inadvertently left it in the console this one time. It's only a Glock but be aware that nice trucks in Houston hotel parking lots are being targeted. Sure would have been nice for the management to let you know that with a sign or something as you check in. Not like this is a one time or freak occurrence. Oh well.............

2. Jakashh

Jakashh TGT Addict

Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Hell I feel paranoid walking into an extended stay. Back when I used to deliver pizzas there I used to make an effort to take a gun in with me.

Hope you get that glock back one day soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 9uc

9uc Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative Lifetime Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Sorry about the loss but why would you have left a gun in your truck overnight, especially in the Houston area?

4. NativH

NativH Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Houston
    A one time mistake. Never done that? I travel extensively and the gun always goes into the room with me, well 99.99999% of the time. Talk about bad luck.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It's a shame booby traps are not legal...

6. Charlie

Charlie Kinda' Sorta' Literate TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    This ^^^^^^^ !

7. NativH

NativH Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Houston
    And I can think of numerous types that would not be lethal, but sure would "shock" the hell out of whoever broke the glass and then touched the body. How dare the victim hurt the perp!

8. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Did your vehicle by chance have any stickers on it that advertised you were a gun guy?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  9. coachrick

coachrick TGT Addict

Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    There was an entire cottage industry built on vehicle break-ins in Birmingham, AL back in the '70s & ''80s. I was robbed at gunpoint when I stumbled upon my car in a hotel parking lot after a BG had broken the lock clear out of the hatchback and helped himself to the contents of the cargo area(I had just checked in and was about to unload the car!). We surmised that a ring of BGs had lookouts in various spots in town and would report to the crew when a sales rep was spotted at a local business. Follow the rep to the hotel or next appointment and smash and grab!

One story goes that a sales rep was in the HoJo's parking lot for the night(pretty common in those days of traveling in small motor homes). Guy and his wife and dog were just dozing off when the dog went nuts and RAN to the door of the motor home...and then started LICKING the door window to welcome the robber!!!!! Sales rep slammed a tennis racket against the door and laid on the horn!!! Much to his surprise, the Bad Guy waited just a moment and then joined three others to jump into a car that had just sped up to the parking lot and gathered up the crew!!! Ah, the good old days!!! :(

My situational awareness was sharpened considerably after having a gun pointed at my head from about 4 feet away!

10. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Been there, done that, and it is no fun.