• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    From The Firearms Blog (I'm dreaming of a single stack 9mm similar in size to the Kahr P9):

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/11/24/glock-teasing-smaller-g42-pistol/

glock-g42.jpg
    Guns International

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I for one am no gun snob. Own Glocks, S & W, Springfield, Kimber to name a few. I would be more than happy to ad a single stack Glock to my collection.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    If Glock is going to do a US .380 I sure hope it's delayed blow-back, unlike the Glock 25. With the price of .380 compared to 9mm and the heavier recoil of straight-blowback designs, I see no point in not going with the delayed system.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Single stack subcompact 9mm = GAME CHANGER!

I told you guys it was gonna happen. They'd release what EVERY other manufacturer already makes, and they would be like:

Introducing ze revolutionary Glock puhfection! Ja!

LOL

If it is in fact a single stack "G26", which I'm thinking it is, I will totally buy one.

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    On another forum, someone overlaid a Zippo on top of an S&W Bodyguard 380... looked to be about exactly the size of the Glock outline, so -- may be a relatively safe bet that the Glock 42 is their Ruger LCP competitor.

As for the Glock 41... Someone released the model #'s in their catalog, and it showed as "pg4130103". Search for that on sportsmansdepot.com and it brings up Sportsmans Depot - Search Results for "pg4130103", saying "Glock 41 Gen 4 .45 ACP 5.3 AS 13 RD", MSRP $774.99, their price $645.99.

Not saying there's truth to any of this, just reporting what I've seen elsewhere...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So they aren't even saying what the new model is? What a load of marketing BS... I wasn't interested before, and I'm less interested now.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    So they aren't even saying what the new model is? What a load of marketing BS... I wasn't interested before, and I'm less interested now.

Don't be a grouch. It could be interesting. Glock's slimline G36 is ideal for pocket carry but the only option of .45 doesn't appeal to most. I know I'm interested in a new slimline model. I'd like to carry more than just my primary G19 and have a pocket model for a secondary someday.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Glock 41 and 42? So what was the Glock fotay?

The one no one in this room is professional enough to handle?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'd like to carry more than just my primary G19 and have a pocket model for a secondary someday.
    Ever look at an M&P Shield, or XDs, or Beretta Nano? The Nano is very Glock-like. Lots of good options in the market already.

...and I'll be as grouchy as I damn well please ;)

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    When they go off on tangents like this I just take it as constructive criticism. Lol

Sent while being unproductive

I look at it this way. I am in the appliance industry, and when Maytag came out with their front load washing machines everyone was pumped about it. Everyone also wondered why Whirlpool and the rest waited so long before jumping on the front load train.....well, they were smart and waited to see what problems the Maytag units were going to have. And wouldn't you know, Maytag had so many issues and lawsuits from this that they basically went belly up...the only saving grace was Whirlpool bought them out and now owns the Maytag name.

Maybe Glock just sat back and waited to see what problems Springfield, S&W and the others would have. And there have been plenty recalls and complaints about them. Glock is all about reliability, as they should be. They may not be pretty and shiny.....but they go bang when you want them too, cant deny that. So maybe they were smart here and will come out with something that is hands down superior to all the other single stack pocket pistols.

Top Bottom