• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Most used Glocks are worth $450+ no matter what you paid for it.
    If you don't mind .40, you can get used Glocks that are practically new mechanically with some holster wear for under $350 all day long. Occasionally I'll see 9mm and 10mm for that cheap, but not nearly as often. I kinda kick myself for not picking up the G20 I saw at GTs once that they had marked for $330 :p
    Texas SOT

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    So the original buyer got a good deal and now he is obligated to pass it on? Most used Glocks are worth $450+ no matter what you paid for it.

I understand that many people don't like sellers abusing the system (myself included) but big deal. You can't stop it.

+1
    It seems some members of this forum feel they have an entitlement. Sounds a hell of lot like fucking liberals if you ask me.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Maybe I don't understand, and don't get me wrong I'm all about making a buck.

But if you buy a blue label glock or any gun for that matter, with the intent of reselling wouldn't that be illegal?

Second, glock is doing those folks a favor by selling those blue labels at a steep discount. Don't abuse the system just because you can...

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Maybe I don't understand, and don't get me wrong I'm all about making a buck.

But if you buy a blue label glock or any gun for that matter, with the intent of reselling wouldn't that be illegal?

Second, glock is doing those folks a favor by selling those blue labels at a steep discount. Don't abuse the system just because you can...

With the amount of guns some people sell on here and many other forums wouldnt they too be committing a crime? Nobody ever questions if they have an ffl after x amount of repeated sells during a year.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    With the amount of guns some people sell on here and many other forums wouldnt they too be committing a crime?
    Yep.

Nobody ever questions if they have an ffl after x amount of repeated sells during a year.
    That's because ATF has never published a number, has never said "If you sell X guns per year, you're a dealer." If they did, they know that lots of folks would sell X minus 1.

Actually, I take that back. The ATF Special Agent in Charge in Boston became famous back in the 1970s (or was it right after the GCA 68?) by saying that anyone who sold more than one gun per year would be prosecuted as a dealer.

I don't think he ever followed through but the principle stands. The number of guns you sell that turns you into a dealer is up to the discretion of the local BATFE. They can do an investigation and decide to forward a case whenever it feels right to them.

Buying even one gun for no purpose other than resale is proof of intent to be a dealer. It doesn't rise to the level that BATFE would bother to investigate but it's the first step on the road to operating as an unlicensed dealer. And, yes, those guys who you see at every show selling their "personal collection" (of constantly rotating stock;)) are operating as unlicensed dealers, violating the law, and taking a chance that the BATFE just won't notice. Well, sometimes the BATFE does notice. See:Federal Jury Finds Rowlett, Texas, Man Guilty of Selling Firearms Without a License | ATF and Modesto Illegal Firearms and Methamphetamine Dealer Pleads Guilty | ATF et al.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Follow up to the Rowlett Mans trial....

DALLAS — Jackie Don Burke, 68, of Rowlett, Texas, was sentenced this morning by U.S. District Judge Barbara M. G. Lynn to one year and one day in federal prison, following his conviction at trial in February 2013 for engaging in the business of firearms without a license. Burke was ordered to surrender to the Bureau of Prisons on July 30, 2013. Today’s announcement was made by U.S. Attorney Sarah R. Saldaña of the Northern District of Texas.

Rowlett Man Sentenced

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I guess you're just sharing your sympathy for others, then, since you said you won't buy any Glocks?

Yea, just thought of it as any other brand. When you as a buyer feel the price is so high you feel you can't even make a fair offer it sucks.

Glocks to me are like the Honda Civic of the gun world.
    Priced well, Everyone and their brother has one, and they are reliable.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

The fact that Glock can and continues to do that on a regular basis (as opposed to non-regular inventory reduction measures) shows me that they are overpricing their guns in the first place. I support that, if the market continues to buy their product at inflated prices, more power to them. However, you should be aware of it.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    The fact that Glock can and continues to do that on a regular basis (as opposed to non-regular inventory reduction measures) shows me that they are overpricing their guns in the first place. I support that, if the market continues to buy their product at inflated prices, more power to them. However, you should be aware of it.

Well that would be a whole different angle to look at things. One I had not considered.

You wanna talk overpaying for guns. What gets me is when I see a 1911-22 for 400 bucks. Vs a 1911 in 45 from the same manufacturer being 1000 bucks.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood

Ding ding ding

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

I wouldn't be surprised if there were tarriffs, taxes and regulatory fees waved for guns imported into the country specifically for LEO sales...

Also, it isn't exactly Glock's fault. Glockstore.com sells brand new Glocks for $399 (Gen 3) and $450 (Gen 4) for most models, so good prices can be had if you know where to look...

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    One year of his life gone and forever a felon; why? Because he didn't pay the dealer tax. They are really serious about getting their $300 a year aren't they?

Is it surprising? These are the guys who weren't smart enough to get hired at the IRS...

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    I don’t think anyone is complaining about making a profit. But price gouging is more than just making a profit. Big difference. For instance, during a hurricane would you consider it acceptable for a gas station to double prices? Is it acceptable for hotels to triple room prices for a sporting event? And my personal favorite price gouging is the cost of food and drinks at airports, sporting events, etc.. . I paid $5.00 for a bottle of water at the ROT motorcycle rally. I’ll never go again because of it.

So, in my book, it’s not acceptable to sheer the sheep. It’s simply not honest and they should be called out.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I don’t think anyone is complaining about making a profit. But price gouging is more than just making a profit. Big difference. For instance, during a hurricane would you consider it acceptable for a gas station to double prices? Is it acceptable for hotels to triple room prices for a sporting event? And my personal favorite price gouging is the cost of food and drinks at airports, sporting events, etc.. . I paid $5.00 for a bottle of water at the ROT motorcycle rally. I’ll never go again because of it.

So, in my book, it’s not acceptable to sheer the sheep. It’s simply not honest and they should be called out.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

There wasn't a water fountain or even a faucet you could have taken a drink out of? You wanted a fancy bottle of water so you paid the price for it. When I was a kid any water hose was just fine.

To me it isn't gouging if you don't have to buy their products or go to that place.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    There is a HUGE difference between price gouging fuel during a hurricane and charging a high price for a beer at a sporting event, or more for a hotel room during high demand periods. You dont NEED a beer at a game....hell, you dont even NEED to be at the game. If something is more expensive than you think it should be, simply don't buy it. The market is self adjusting.

It is absolutely acceptable for businesses to charge more, even MUCH more during high demand periods. Its called....."supply and demand", and its a very basic concept. Its not dishonest or unethical. Its capitalism, its good business and what built this country. If I owned a hotel and my manager didn't adjust prices to market conditions, I would fire him/her.

If one chooses not to go to an event because water is $5 a bottle, that is their choice. Doesn't mean that the event promoter is doing anything wrong. One could go to the event and NOT buy water...

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Capitalism. Don't like it, tough

Exactly. The more guns on the market, the better for the consumer. Don't like the price, don't buy it.

If Glock doesn't like the fact that that cops etc, are running a gray market, they can stop the program.

If a single cop abuses the program, ATF has a seat for them in a FPMITA prison as we have seen with Shipley.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom