• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The fact that Glock can and continues to do that on a regular basis (as opposed to non-regular inventory reduction measures) shows me that they are overpricing their guns in the first place. I support that, if the market continues to buy their product at inflated prices, more power to them. However, you should be aware of it.

Glock wants cops to carry their guns. It's all about marketing. They, as well as others, have given departments a full armory for free just to put the guns out there.

How often have you heard "~~% of law enforcement use this gun for a reason". It looks good to have your guns in the hands of LEO, offering deep discounts help put it in the hands of LEO who otherwise might carry a competitors pistol because the could carry a department issued M&P-9.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    So blue label Glocks are guns sold to LEOs at a discount?

YES.

GLOCK is proud to offer the exclusive Blue Label program to support those who protect and serve communities across the U.S. and around the world. Those who qualify will receive a discount on any GLOCK pistol of their choice.

Those who qualify include:

• Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City (Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials)
    • EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
    • Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D. (Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials)
    • Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
    • State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.)
    • State Licensed Armed Security Officers
    • Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys
    • LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy

You can do an internet search for a PDF file with the price lists on it. Last I checked, about 2 months ago, there was a 12 month backlog of orders.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    If you don't mind .40, you can get used Glocks that are practically new mechanically with some holster wear for under $350 all day long. Occasionally I'll see 9mm and 10mm for that cheap, but not nearly as often. I kinda kick myself for not picking up the G20 I saw at GTs once that they had marked for $330 :p

Yup and people are buying those up and reselling them for a profit as well. One can only get 2 blue guns per year so they are not making any kind of real money doing it. Other gun manufacturers also discount guns for various groups. So does Geico and Verizon.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Wish they would sell these to Veterans.....

Im pretty sure they do? I am not positive but give gt distributers a call and ask. I presented my military id and purchased mine for this glock reduced pricing. I am almost positive gt distributers has some type of policy to allow prior service this same discount with glock.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    GT's terms for every brand are on their website, too. :)

Some I can get as a paramedic. Others LEO only, others LEO and Military.

ZINCOGNITO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    AUSTIN
    Im pretty sure they do? I am not positive but give gt distributers a call and ask. I presented my military id and purchased mine for this glock reduced pricing. I am almost positive gt distributers has some type of policy to allow prior service this same discount with glock.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I called and was told it was only available to Active Duty or Retired military. Anyone else I should try?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Thanks. I called and was told it was only available to Active Duty or Retired military. Anyone else I should try?

The program is set up by Glock - it's the same across distributors:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]New GLOCK LE Sales from our Texas and Georgia Locations: Due to our contract with Glock, the following Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, and Missouri customers can purchase new Glock LEO pistols from GT:[/SIZE][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1](note - Glock only allows 2 LEO priced GLOCK purchases per year for qualified individuals. Commercial GLOCKs are only limited by local laws.)[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City. Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials
      [/SIZE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
      [/SIZE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D. - Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials
      [/SIZE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
      [/SIZE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.) State Licensed Armed Security Officers
      [/SIZE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys.
      [/SIZE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy[/SIZE][/FONT]

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    A gun is worth what it is worth. who cares what the seller paid for it? What if they got it for free cause grandpa didn't want it anymore and they don't either? should they just give it away?
    capitalism is all about getting people what they want at a price they are willing to pay.

Jaywalker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Don't care to share
    I agree with the OP's original post - buying a Blue Label just to sell it is unethical. I'm qualified for the program, I bought a G19, and I'm using it. What bothers me is that if people keep doing it I expect the manufacturers will terminate the program.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I agree with the OP's original post - buying a Blue Label just to sell it is unethical. I'm qualified for the program, I bought a G19, and I'm using it. What bothers me is that if people keep doing it I expect the manufacturers will terminate the program.

I agree. no way I could sign that paper I had to sign and then the 4473 and in good conscience turn around and sell that gun to make a hundred bucks. If you are advertising a gun on a forum for sell that you just bought at a LGS, well, it sounds to me like you are in the gun business. I understand if you bought it and took it out and shot it and it didn't suit you,..thats a different situation

Top Bottom