• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Does anybody know who or where there is a Glock Authorized LE dealer in the Houston area? I am looking to pick up a 19 at their factory LE/Military price, and to do this you have to either buy direct from Glock or through a LE dealer.... Thanks.
    DK Firearms

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Does anybody know who or where there is a Glock Authorized LE dealer in the Houston area? I am looking to pick up a 19 at their factory LE/Military price, and to do this you have to either buy direct from Glock or through a LE dealer.... Thanks.

You can buy one at the LE/Miilitary price through a "LE" Glock dealer.
    I dont know who that is in Houston.
    In San Antonio it is Dury's Guns and in Austin it is GT Distributors.
    If you are a LEO you can send GT's a letter (sample letter on their website), and pay by credit card over the phone and they can ship it to your department without you having to go to Austin.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    You can probably ask some LEO in the Houston area and they can steer you in the right direction.
    If you are ever in SA or Austin, both of the stores I mentioned have really knowledgable, friendly guys working for them. GT usually has more stock. Bought a G19-OD last week from GT's and they had way more stock that Dury's, in every caliber.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

If you can't find one, call Sporting Arms here in the DFW area. I'm pretty sure they do a lot of business with LEO's and besides, Tom and Becky are great people to work with.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Fountain firearms out on Highway 6 on the west side of Houston claims to offer the LE and .mil discounts, not sure if they are a true LE stocking dealer. Another place to look is at the gssf website GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation, they have been running a discount purchase program for gssf members that lets you get the weapon at the LE/.mil cost. It lists some dealers (not all LE/.mil are participating in it). Definitely try and get one from the LE/.mil stocking dealers as you get 3 mags (for fulllsize and compact) instead of the standard 2 that us civvies get from the regular dealers.

malladus

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Fountain firearms out on Highway 6 on the west side of Houston claims to offer the LE and .mil discounts, not sure if they are a true LE stocking dealer. Another place to look is at the gssf website GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation, they have been running a discount purchase program for gssf members that lets you get the weapon at the LE/.mil cost. It lists some dealers (not all LE/.mil are participating in it). If i remember though there one none listed in Houston, but there is one down southeast of houston someplace. Also call first, as depending on the size of the dealer and his volume of sales he may not have the particular one you want in stock. I know that the ever popular Cheaper then Dirt up here is a official LE stocker and their selection is spotty at best. THey usually have the more common models used by the local and state LE in stock (typically the .40s).

Definitely try and get one from the LE/.mil stocking dealers as you get 3 mags (for fulllsize and compact) instead of the standard 2 that us civvies get from the regular dealers.

malladus

TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Houston Metro Area
    There is no offical Glock LE dealer in Houston. Texas State Distributers used to be the LE dealer in the Houston region, but they went out of business and no one else has picked it up. For what it's worth, the last 2 LE glocks I purchased I got through GT Distributers in Austin anyway.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    GT's is a good way to go....good service after the sales should you need it. CTD leaves you hanging out to dry. Beware of those that offer a LE "discount". The price you pay fromo a LE dealer isnt a "discount". It is the price that is set by Glock for LE and Military (also firefighters and EMS qualifies). Should be the same at every LE dealer.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Here is the Texas list from the GSSF site. All these dealers were acting as LE/.mil dealers:

Carroll's Gun Shop 123 Carroll Rd. Wharton, TX 77488 979-532-3175 979-532-2810
    Dury's Gun Shop, Inc. 819 Hot Wells San Antonio, TX 78223 210-533-5431 210-533-2537
    G.T. Distributors, Inc. 2545 Brockton Dr. #100 Austin, TX 78751 512-451-8298 512-453-6149
    Praco Gun & Pawn 2201 West Waco Dr. Waco, TX 76707 254-753-5511
    Yankee Gunsmith 2901 Deer Flat Dr. Copperas Cove, TX 76522 254-547-8433 254-547-8887
    Cheaper Than Dirt Outdoor Adventure 2522 NE Loop 820 Fort Worth , TX 76106 817-378-5108 817--625-9725

The dealer in Wharton is about 45 minutes or so southwest of Houston. I called him and he was very nice and would order you one if he didn't have it. Try calling them.

Also, like I said Fountain Firearms:

New-Used-Antique

Used to have that they would sale at a discount to LE/.mil. I don't remember seeing the signage last time I was in there though a few weeks back.

Another good idea is just to call Glock. My LEO friend calls them all the time for stuff. IN alot of cases if there is not a LEO dealer in your area they will ship to your FFL directly from the factory or provide you with the closest place that offers the discount.

malladus

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Wow, Malladus, thanks for doing so much in answer to my op. I think I am just going to call Glock, that way I can just get what I want and not be tempted by the "in stock now syndrom", my guy will hook me up on the transfer, so I think that is the way to go.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    They may not ship direct to you since your not LEO, but they definitely will point you in the right direction. I know for the SSF purchase progrm they had some dealer out of Ohio or someplace that is the uber-stocker who would ship to anyone at the coupon price+S&H+FFL. They apparently had everything but the kitchen sink when my Father in law cashed in his cert.

malladus

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    One thing to remember if you have to "order" one from a dealer. Glock typically does not give dealers a "lead time". In other words, they place an order and it gets there when it gets there. Glock is so overwehlmed with orders for the past year or so, that they dont guarantee when an order will ship. No big deal if you are not in a hurry, but i usually want mine ASAP.
    Like i mentioned earlier, don't fall for a LE "discount". Glock sets the price for LE purchases for their dealers. $398.20 for most of the common models (17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 32, 33) and it goes up from there depending on the gun and options.
    I have seen dealers that sell Glocks to the public for $600, but offer a $50 "discount" to LE/Military. This is not the Glock price structure for LE sales.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Actually, I will be calling Glock, My understanding is that I can call there LE Department, and order straight from Glock, pay shipping to my FFL. Glock will verify my eligibility and just sell straight to me (or anyone qualified to purchase under this program).

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Actually, I will be calling Glock, My understanding is that I can call there LE Department, and order straight from Glock, pay shipping to my FFL. Glock will verify my eligibility and just sell straight to me (or anyone qualified to purchase under this program).

If that works, that is a great way to go. The LE dealers dont really make much selling to us, and do it more as a service. It was 2 separate dealers that have told me the same story about not getting any ship dates. Maybe you will get it quicker going through Glock. Just remember to pin them down to when they will ship it.

BTW...nice choice, the G19-OD is a sharp looking gun. Mine shoots great!

Top Bottom