• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I have... and others have had success with the same pistol. Its me.

Grip angle?

Oh well... Like you said, not bad grouping for the short model 30

Like I said, the Glock's wide ass promotes heeling. The grip angle and frame geometry are so unique to Glocks that people associate it with the gun shooting high. The fact is, the same thing that causes down and to the left on a right handed shooter will cause heeling with the Glock.

I did the same thing when I bought my 17L. It took a little time and effort to work it out.

Stick with it, pay attention to what you are doing, and try your damndest to not move at all. Let your trigger finger do all the work, and ONLY your finger. Just focus on squeezing that trigger.
    Guns International

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have a G23 & G27 that I recently had night sights put on, the G23 shoots fine, but the G27 seems to shoot high & to the right now. It shot
    fine before the night sights & both guns were done at the same time.
    Is this due to the G27 sights being improperly installed???

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    This sounds like a case of people not aiming them right. But, if your natual point of aim brings it too high and changing the front sight works for you...go for it.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Some guns, for some people just don't work. After shooting my 1911's, Sigs and HK's, if I pick up my G19 right off the bat I'm shooting high. If I give it a rounds of practice, I'm right on with it. But I do need to concentrate. For me I think it's the grip angle.

But let me add, guns that come with non adjustable (except for drifting in the dove tail) are usually right on windage wise at combat distances. 7 - 15 yards. But elevation differs between manufactures. Sigs, seem to shoot poi = covering the target with the front sight. HK's and Glocks seem to shoot front sight intersecting the target. My new DW CBOB has more of a 6 o'clock hold.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    Alot of people I teach to shoot indeed shoot a glock pistol high at first, I attribute this to the diffrent grip angle. Im sure you all know it is alot more steeper than a 1911 style grip angle, I just tell them to focus on the front site tip more and shoot it out. It will come to poi within time.

What I noticed with my G17 is that it does shoot POI not 6 o'clock.
    Many of my pistols are 6 o'clock sighted and my first shot was low so I tried again POI and it was right on the money.
    It would be nice if there were an industry standard so that every gun sighted the same way, but I don't see that happening.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    What I noticed with my G17 is that it does shoot POI not 6 o'clock.
    Many of my pistols are 6 o'clock sighted and my first shot was low so I tried again POI and it was right on the money.
    It would be nice if there were an industry standard so that every gun sighted the same way, but I don't see that happening.

The problem with that is that we aren't carbon copies of each other. I like the sights on my Glock. I wish the front sight was thinner,. . . but I bet there are other people who want it thicker or taller or shorter.

Variety is a great thing. I love glocks, but I want there to be more choices than just glocks.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    Understood. For the longest time I never gave Glock a chance because of the swooning hype surrounding them. I own one now and will admit that they are good guns, but not better IMHO than everything else out there as many Glock owners would profess.
    Better than a lot? Yes, but not everything else.

And you are correct about variety, it is how they say, the spice of life.

Urban Commando

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    New York
    I was a firearms instructor in a LARGE metropolitan Police Department. We literally had tens of thousands of Glocks. All issued pistols came with night sights. You can blame it on heeling or grip geometry or anything else you'd like, but from the thousands I had handled, it was hit or miss. Some were dead on and some were high by 2". I always joked that this was Glock's solution for shooters with anticipation issues. Shooters that flinched and dropped their shots could now shoot X rings. My 19 was dead on. Took first place in my instructor's school and Top Gun in a FBI instructor's school with it. My 26 on the other hand, was 2"+ high at 15 yards. It drove me nuts. The department gunsmith's mixed and matched different brands of night sight front and rears till we finally got it right. My new 22 shoots 2" high and I don't have the luxury of the gunsmith's tinkering anymore. I guess I'll just have to develop a flinch to make up for it.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Understood. For the longest time I never gave Glock a chance because of the swooning hype surrounding them. I own one now and will admit that they are good guns, but not better IMHO than everything else out there as many Glock owners would profess.
    Better than a lot? Yes, but not everything else.

And you are correct about variety, it is how they say, the spice of life.

Sure, that goes for Glock, Sigs, HK's, S&W, and 1911's (ect ect). You are going to get people who irrational love their model/brand.

The deal with Glocks is that they are at a price point below that of the others. aka, more people can afford a Glock than an HK, and it feels like there are a lot more people swooning for Glock than other brands.

All good guns. I think the Glock is one of the better guns for its purpose (combat gun), but the reality is that the "problems" of these guns are mostly personal. The actual effective differences is so small, it isn't even important.

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Some guns, for some people just don't work. After shooting my 1911's, Sigs and HK's, if I pick up my G19 right off the bat I'm shooting high. If I give it a rounds of practice, I'm right on with it. But I do need to concentrate. For me I think it's the grip angle.

I'll agree with this statement. If I start out the day on 1911's my first ten shots out of any Glock will be off till I settle in. Never had a problem out of a dozen various Glock's until I started shotting 1911's.

kmbrman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    WACO
    To everyone who got in to post on this subject, I guess the way one shoots and the choice of ammo figures into the answers everyone gave. Since the gun mentioned is not carried but used for only target work ,I still have to say I like the option of being able to set the sights for differing loads and velocities of bullets, which sometimes shoot way off from the POA. Thanks for all your comments !

Top Bottom