• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowhow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    Fort Worth
    I've got a G26 and I'm going to go a 25 cent trigger job on it. Is it worthwhile to apply dry film lube to the trigger bar, connector and pin safety after polishing? I want to try this mostly stock setup for a while before I jump off the deep end and change connectors.

Tony
    Target Sports

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't really know that dry film lube will make much of any difference. The "25 cent trigger job" will smooth the pull out a bit, but it's typically not a huge difference. Also, if you get a 3.5 factory connector, honestly they work just fine, are reliable, take all of 30 seconds to change out if you're already used to doing so, and will take .5-1.0# off the pull. Add a 6# trigger return spring and you're all set for a few bucks in just a few minutes. As far as the 25 cent job, I would just focus on polishing out the rough machining marks that are typically on most of the contact surfaces on the factory components, and apply a drop of lube to each spot. Regular gun oil honestly works just fine.

cowhow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    Fort Worth
    That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I guess I was being a little hesitant because of the stories I've read about everything from multiple fires to being sued for modifying the gun. Thanks, SIG_Fiend, I guess now it's time to get to work. By the way, I'm planning on getting the LW connector. I'd opt for a dot connector, but the darn things are crazy hard to find.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have installed the extended slide button on a couple of my Glocks. If a person can do that much, can they probly install a new connector as well?

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    I was able to beta test the apex safety plunger, for $20 something dollars it is well worth the price, cleans up the trigger and I didn't have a failure with it in over 2k rounds.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have installed the extended slide button on a couple of my Glocks. If a person can do that much, can they probly install a new connector as well?

If a person can tie their shoes then they have the mechanical ability to replace every part on a Glock. Their simplicity is what makes them so great.

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    You would be surprised how much the trigger will smooth itself out after a few hundred rounds.

That being said all of my Glocks wear the - connector, 6# trigger springs, extended slide lock, extended slide catch and extended mag catch.

But they are all Glock factory parts.

And yes they are all super easy to change yourself.

cowhow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    Fort Worth
    It's a good thing you brought up the extended mag release because I was wondering if those had trouble being holstered. Is that a concern?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I guess I was being a little hesitant because of the stories I've read about everything from multiple fires to being sued for modifying the gun. Thanks, SIG_Fiend, I guess now it's time to get to work. By the way, I'm planning on getting the LW connector. I'd opt for a dot connector, but the darn things are crazy hard to find.

The whole burst/full auto malfunction thing I have personally experienced with certain aftermarket trigger setups (multiple Glockworx Fulcrum triggers in at least 5-7 different guns) and connectors. Keep in mind, most of these where they are ever that sort of a problem are also significantly changing the function of the trigger. Some connectors are designed as such that they are intended to be hand fitted by the user to achieve the desired pre/over-travel, and are sometimes or maybe even often not fitted properly. Many complete trigger setups that include a modified housing also have adjustable pre-travel and over-travel stops, many of which when adjusted to a certain point will effectively disable many of the factory safety features. Also, some of them function just fine, but people simply don't adjust them properly.

Bottom line, if you want to keep things simple and reliable, go with a factory 3.5 connector and it's going to work just fine. The G34/35 and factory Glock competition models come with this as a stock feature, if that's any indicator of their trust in the component. I personally have used the LWD 3.5 connector for several years in my carry G17, however I have seen cases of these snapping in half due to the way they are grinded so thin (typically they seem to break in the middle). Although it's a bit more expensive, I'd say go with the factory 3.5 connector for peace of mind, which is what I've ultimately done in my Glocks.

As far as the lawsuit angle, I wouldn't ever let anything like that influence what you carry. There is absolutely nothing wrong with customizing the gun to you, and in the end, it is simply optimizing the gun to best perform in the way you like. Good sights, a smoother trigger that's easier to be more consistent with, ergonomic enhancements that give added stability and aid performance... If it's a performance advantage that does not affect durability or reliability, no reason not to take that advantage. Lawyers be damned. Anyone can find any reason to try and demonize a feature of a gun, but it's not legitimate and a good defense attorney should be able to pick those sensational claims apart like they're a joke. For me, I think the prosecution would have more of a field day demonizing the fixed blade I carry, for a rather singular purpose, as opposed to the features on my carry gun. ;) LOL

NOLA Jack, I just got a couple of the radiused Apex firing pin safeties as well. So far I noticed a definite improvement in smoothing the trigger pull. On my G19 and G17, it was subtle, and maybe the average person might not notice it, but the improvement was definitely there. I like Apex. They make some pretty solid components.

cowhow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    Fort Worth
    Some connectors are designed as such that they are intended to be hand fitted by the user to achieve the desired pre/over-travel, and are sometimes or maybe even often not fitted properly.

This would be similiar to a Ghost Rocket that has to be filed and fitted to the gun. I don't have the patience or, more importantly, the expertise to properly fit that so that I am 100% confident in my gun.

Anyone can find any reason to try and demonizing a feature of a gun, but it's not legitimate and a good defense attorney should be able to pick those sensational claims apart like they're a joke.

My thoughts exactly. In my view, either a SD shoot is justifiable or it's not. As long as the weapon I'm carrying is legal (not an NFA gun) then the weapon has no impact on the legalities.

Thanks for the insight and remind me to never trade pocket knives with you. :D

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    NOLA Jack, I just got a couple of the radiused Apex firing pin safeties as well. So far I noticed a definite improvement in smoothing the trigger pull. On my G19 and G17, it was subtle, and maybe the average person might not notice it, but the improvement was definitely there. I like Apex. They make some pretty solid components.

The best point about it(IMO) is that it does not do anything to change the reliability of the pistol.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Don't expect the trigger job to do anything to improve accuracy. My tinkered Glocks shoot just the same as my stock Glocks.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

I wouldn't go that far; but if you are mechanically inclined and have access to Youtube it should be fairly easy.

Top Bottom