• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I searched for a non-retention holster for both my Glock 23 and Walther P99QA. After going through two iterations of buy and return...I hit pay dirt with my third set! Goal was a holster for range wear and firearms classes. IMHO, I don't need nor want an active retention holster as a civilian - either carrying CCW or on the range.

I bought a Galco M5X Matrix (paddle) (model M5X227 for LH and M5X226 for RH). The holster also fits Glock 19 and 32. As I was told on the phone - "if it fits the G19, it will fit yours" (GEN4).

Also bought the Fobus WA99RP Roto Paddle (for right hand) for my Walther P99QA (1st edition). Again, it took a couple holsters to get this one right - the gun slips in and out like butter - I don't have to yank it out or slam it in the holster.

Bought both via Midwest Hunter but you can get them from many other vendors. Optics Planet offered both...but they were backordered for over a month...so I changed vendors.

Hope this helps someone.
    Texas SOT

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    +1 on the M5X Matrix. I have one and it has always held the XD9 firmly, but loose enough for the gun to come right out when I need it. Of course, it has screws so you can adjust how tight it holds on too. It's not the most comfortable for all day wear and it holds the gun out pretty far from the body for concealed carry purposes, but it has been outstanding for range and IDPA use.

Top Bottom