• ...and so much more!
  • WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    Ladies and gentlemen, friends and comrades,

I just got back home after using a 1911 as a carry gun, first time ever.

We had done errands all morning and I had an SP101 on me. We got home for lunch and I decided if we left the house again I’d use ol granddad. It’s the “joyous” Christmas season, so it took her about 20 minutes to lay on another shopping junket.

So you can teach an old dog new tricks. But you guys are all aware of the differences. I put in the range and practice time until I was comfortable, and all afternoon while maintaining bounding overwatch as the wife shopped I was thinking of safety operation during draw and prior to holster. Took two spare mags for 25 rounds of 230gr VCrown JHP.

1911 ownership is a hobby within a hobby. I don’t ever remember spending time on the internet trying to find deals on Glocks. I mean shit, they’re ugly and everybody knows it.

If I had known how easy it was to pass the time perusing the Brownell’s website I would’ve done this years ago.

God Bless John Moses Browning, and God Bless America.
    Target Sports

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Ladies and gentlemen, friends and comrades,

I just got back home after using a 1911 as a carry gun, first time ever.

We had done errands all morning and I had an SP101 on me. We got home for lunch and I decided if we left the house again I’d use ol granddad. It’s the “joyous” Christmas season, so it took her about 20 minutes to lay on another shopping junket.

So you can teach an old dog new tricks. But you guys are all aware of the differences. I put in the range and practice time until I was comfortable, and all afternoon while maintaining bounding overwatch as the wife shopped I was thinking of safety operation during draw and prior to holster. Took two spare mags for 25 rounds of 230gr VCrown JHP.

1911 ownership is a hobby within a hobby. I don’t ever remember spending time on the internet trying to find deals on Glocks. I mean shit, they’re ugly and everybody knows it.

If I had known how easy it was to pass the time perusing the Brownell’s website I would’ve done this years ago.

God Bless John Moses Browning, and God Bless America.
    This is an extremely wise and insightful post.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    I don't get it. did you carry the '11 loaded and cocked or a glock or the wheel gun? I recall when I was young the French embassy guards carried their Browning HPs loaded and cocked, with safety on and the holster strap snapped over the rear blocking the hammer fall. I guess it never bothered me. I carried a Luger usually with a round chambered and safety on in a DIY Shoulder holster. But I was young...

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I don't get it. did you carry the '11 loaded and cocked or a glock or the wheel gun? I recall when I was young the French embassy guards carried their Browning HPs loaded and cocked, with safety on and the holster strap snapped over the rear blocking the hammer fall. I guess it never bothered me. I carried a Luger usually with a round chambered and safety on in a DIY Shoulder holster. But I was young...
    Pics of the Luger?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I mean shit, they’re ugly and everybody knows it.

38BB2461-9D97-47C8-8840-0268757E512B.gif

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    After reading stories of people have situations where they had to shoot while carrying. Then the gun is taken as evidence and engraved. So I carry a Glock often.

I don’t want my nice pistol being taken and engraved with a case number. Glocks however are cheap and plentiful to replace. And they go bang every time you pull the trigger.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest

I often carry my 1911 and HP sidearms like those guards...works great.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    It is, alas, with much trepidation that I give another breath of air to my smoldering dumpster fire of a thread… I wished merely to express the joy of ownership, broadened horizons, and fresh insights. I probably should’ve just rolled my window down at a red light and paid the nearest homeless guy $5 to listen to my nonsense, but the moment is gone.

I’m a huge fan of Glock. The only one I’ve never owned is the G18. The only model other than the 18 I don’t own right now is the G29. I’ve carried the 17 and 22 on duty. Reliable as the sunrise. And if there is beauty in reliability, then a Glock is beautiful, like an A-10 rolling in on a bad guy is beautiful.

So never fear, I’m not selling the Glocks. I carried my G32 today.

But man… You just gotta appreciate the lines of a government, the look of a nickel or a color case hardened 1911… The history and the benchmarks JMB set. You have to appreciate a design that is still effective and popular after over 100 years, even if you prefer another more modern design.

You are my people. Carry early and often. Keep your skull bone out yer donut and your digits in the right place and everyting gwan be irie.

Top Bottom