• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    So, you just don't like .40S&W?
    I reload . the 40 cal in the 22 i had all the factory ammo I bought would group the size of a pie plate at 25 yds I started loading with 140 grain bullets which were hard to find in this area no factory ammo in that grain weight ,the load i worked up would group 2 in at 25 yds but off the shelf stuff you would be lucky to hit a softball size target with 1/2 a clip out of a full one , my 39 an the 17 rested will shoot under 3 inches at 25 yds .
    Texas SOT

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    Well for me I want to know if the pistol is accurate or not an using a rest to see what the group will do in its best possible light is key to me knowing if the gun is off or if i am , everyone has good an bad days shooting but if the gun is in accurate due to a cylender being off a minute bit or a slide not locking back in the same position in battery . all of this makes a difference to me especialy if i am working a target load for a handgun like in the pic I shoot alot against myself, this one didnt make my cut an went off to live with someone else

Attachments

• 7stb.jpg
      7stb.jpg
      86.3 KB · Views: 111

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    this one was shot at 15 yds with my glock 38 in 45 gap there is 10 shots lower rh group in the happy face

Attachments

• IMG_20170508_115028[1].jpg
      IMG_20170508_115028[1].jpg
      380.3 KB · Views: 117

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    Glocks are great. They are simple to operate and field strip. I would like a manual safety as opposed to just the trigger one, but overall they are great guns. Great first automatic as they are idiot proof. The one thing I dont like is the grip angle. Never had a problem with it until i started shooting 1911's. After taht it seemed i shot low and left with the glock, but dead on with various 1911 pistols.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I don't believe I have ever tried shooting a pistol from a rest.
    I make sight adjustments using a rest
    That way I have a stable platform to take me out of the equation
    To me, not doing so would be like trying to zero a rifle scope free handed

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I make sight adjustments using a rest
    That way I have a stable platform to take me out of the equation
    To me, not doing so would be like trying to zero a rifle scope free handed
    I've never adjusted sights on a pistol.
    But obviously that's how to do it.

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    I shoot lh an I aim high left an hit center with my carry j frame but a rh shooter can shoot the same gun an he has to aim low rh to hit center ,so alot of shooting handguns anyhow has to do with eye sight an which hand you shoot with in my experience anyway , ive had guys not be able to hit anything with a gun i own but i hit really good with it ,t

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Back to the original topic. My major complaint with a Glock is the lack of a secure safety. Any person (adult or child) can fire a Glock if you leave a round in the chamber. That composition trigger is BS.

I am a died in the wool 1911 guy. Been one for over 55 years. That being said, I carry a modified G19 in my console. I trust it will work if I ever need it. But damn it is ugly!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I agree. It concerns me, which is why I don't carry my 26 with a round in the chamber.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Back to the original topic. My major complaint with a Glock is the lack of a secure safety. Any person (adult or child) can fire a Glock if you leave a round in the chamber. That composition trigger is BS.

I am a died in the wool 1911 guy. Been one for over 55 years. That being said, I carry a modified G19 in my console. I trust it will work if I ever need it. But damn it is ugly!
    dyed in the wool. ;)

I accept the GLOCK® pistols for what they are--they do what they're designed to do very well. They have no thumb safety because the design doesn't call for one, much like revolvers have no thumb safety. They rely on the truism of don't put your finger on the trigger if you don't want to fire.

1911s are designed the way they are for a reason and they are employed the way they are to great success. But success has more than one flavor, folks. :cheers:

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Same goes for the number of Glocks with a thumb safety, LOL.

View attachment 145983
    That's what I'm sayin'!

In my view, the GLOCK® was designed to be a semiauto to convert the revolver world, at a time when most LE were carrying revolvers still. Draw, point, shoot. It's what wheelgunners have always done and it's what the departments who bought into GLOCKs® were looking for. :meh:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom