stoeger-double-defense-rails-500x500.jpg

hahhahahahhaha
    Gun Zone Deals

Toki Wartooth

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Leander, TX
    There was a contingent from some random militia at the saxet show in austin today decked out in tacticool uniforms. Their chests were puffed out and they didn't mind blocking the aisles and bragging loudly about their patriotism. Is it ok to dishonor your family and a shaolin temple if you can talk some friends into doing it with you? In which case, TGT needs a militia for the upcoming apocalypse. I have a great idea for a zombie patch/emblem we can use :)

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    There was a contingent from some random militia at the saxet show in austin today decked out in tacticool uniforms. Their chests were puffed out and they didn't mind blocking the aisles and bragging loudly about their patriotism. Is it ok to dishonor your family and a shaolin temple if you can talk some friends into doing it with you? In which case, TGT needs a militia for the upcoming apocalypse. I have a great idea for a zombie patch/emblem we can use :)

Hey, I saw those guys. And the guy with the trench coat and spiked wrist band things. They crack me up. It is a great place just to watch people.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R

Some people don't know anything about self control and how to behave in public. Who were these guys? What did they call themselves? I wonder if they actually know what patriotism is or did they get it from some stupid movie.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I'm cool with people putting the shit on in the spirit of goofing off and having some fun. But actually taking it seriously and acting like its a uniform gives me the liquid grunt. It's also a bit insulting to the people who are going in harms way to defend our right to act like jackasses; they can wear all the tacticool they want. God bless them b/c I excercise that right everyday. am right this minute! :)

Really fun thing to me about it is the class I took yesterday. Another handgun class. We're out on the tactical range shooting moving stuff from cover and generally having fun. There were3 guys from UNT who shoot competitively out there practicing on another part of the range with us. These guys were amazingly jaw droppingly good. It was a blast watching them tear shit up. These guys probably could have pulled off the tacticool shit. But they could not have been further from tacticool if they had tried. One was in a rodeo shirt and cowboy hat, one had on a sweat shirt and the third a t-shirt. Nothing particularly interesting if you were to see them. But a perp would be in serious trouble if he were to do something uncivilized around them.

Toki Wartooth

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Leander, TX
    "It's also a bit insulting to the people who are going in harms way to defend our right to act like jackasses"

You know, that's what actually irked me most. Regardless of how much paper punching they do, putting on fatigues wearing patches and giving themselves military ranks means absolutely jack sh*t. They're still 100% civilian. And when they talk about being ready to rise up and check our government (these guys didn't mention that while I was in earshot, but plenty of militias do and theyre supported by people like sharron angle who seem to leave the possibility of a '2nd amendment solution' open), I wonder how aware they are that the defenders of said government, the people they will be fighting, are American LEOs and soldiers. Real heroes, not weekend warrriors.

Anyway... yeah... tongue in cheek militias are fine and dandy :P

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Depends upon the cheek that tongue is in.

I'm all for citizens being ready and able to stand up to our government's transgressions when the democratic process has broken down. We are no where near that. What we have is a simple disagreement as to what the function of government is and we have some corrupt individuals in our government who shouldnt be. But that rehashes what I've been saying.
    Thing is: Even though I've become a decent shot and know how to operate my weapons pretty well there is no way in hell I'd last 30 seconds against an Army Ranger or Marine who has been working in Afganistan. Any mall ninja that thinks they could hang with any of those guys is saddly mistaken. There is a huge difference between playing on a tactical range shooting at steal plates and paper target and having a living breathing skilled and experienced individual focused on fucking you over. Just put the GI Joe costume in the closet and go play some Modern Warfare before you get hurt.

Chickenwing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Central Texas
    I'm down with the whole "every citizen a soldier" attitude. However unlike some of the radical types out there I would rather be prepared to defend my country from her enemies rather than prepare to "rise up" or some such nonsense because I'm not happy with the current leadership.

Yeah yeah yeah "all enemies foreign and domestic" and all that. If anybody out there thinks the current admins are so over bearing that a militia style resistance is in order I would like to introduce them a couple of countries in South America, Africa, the Middle East, and the Far East. Trust the democratic discourse, support the system. Trim the weeds where they need trimmed but don't set fire to the garden is my stance. I'm not saying all militia types are like that, but so many toe those lines it is nauseating. Such a interesting concept that could yield some great fellowship and decent training is so often reduced to...well...much less than it could be.

I have an idea, lets start a militia! The uniform will be jeans and a t-shirt, shorts in the summer months, we can call ourselves "Americans". Our rank will be "Citizen". Leave your bullshit at the door....

Could be fun?

suhsjake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Organized Militiaman and Weekend Warrior here,

I don't understand why these people act like they are the military and why they need to harass people at gun shows with their tacticoolness. I bet if they were sent to Ranger School, they wouldn't last one minute, I know I wouldn't. Maybe I will go to EOD school instead.

PS, Weekend Warriors are National Guardsmen and Reservists, so in the future, please refer to unorganized militias as an "MRI", Military Rejected Idiot.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Hey, I saw those guys. And the guy with the trench coat and spiked wrist band things. They crack me up. It is a great place just to watch people.

That is one aspect that makes me leave the shows with a smile. All of the goofy 'tards at these shows.

Some of what I observed;

-Tiny Asian guy who wants the biggest and baddest pistol he can find. Not to be confused with tiny every other race guy who just wants something that starts with "AK" because it will give his 5 ft tall frame some "street cred"... yo

-Mullet-wearing guy who looks around nervously and cannot find a group he can fit in with or have a conversation with

-Old crusty guy telling stories of how bad Obama is and how he is effing up the country, then gripes about not having any money because he does not have a job for one reason or another. Oh, and of course "them damn illegals is stealing our jobs". I doubt he wants to work in a Mexican or Chinese restaurant kitchen making 6 bucks an hour but it must be the governments fault. These guys need a friend because within 2.35 seconds of approaching a vendor, they go off on a rant like they just got rescued from a deserted island

-Hot chick with dorky looking dude who keeps squeezing her hand like she's about to get roped and dragged out of the show by another guy (ladies, call me!)

-Concealed carry vest guy, he prefers khaki and of course doesn't know those vests are worn solely by the late Theodore Roosevelt or CCH guys. He is the guy who will get shot first in an incident while you and I take cover and engage the bad guys with accurate fire. (Thanks for taking one for the team vest guy)

-Fanny pack guy. Really? Fanny pack? Gee, what's in there? The ones I saw stuck out obviously and one guy accessorized with a greasy ponytail. Sexy

-Fired ex-cop selling guns to folks as he jabbers excitedly and looks like 10 pounds of poo in a 5 pound bag. Usually wearing the most tacticool clothing which screams, "Look at me, I MUST know about hardware since I wear this shirt". I guess it is better than him serving my food.

In conclusion, I like the shows and sadly, I feel at home at them.
    I guess I am "guy who walks around and spends equal time checking out the patrons and the guns, finally leaving with no hardware to show for his time and 7 bucks poorer".

See you guys again next month.

Toki Wartooth

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Leander, TX
    Organized Militiaman and Weekend Warrior here,

I don't understand why these people act like they are the military and why they need to harass people at gun shows with their tacticoolness. I bet if they were sent to Ranger School, they wouldn't last one minute, I know I wouldn't. Maybe I will go to EOD school instead.

PS, Weekend Warriors are National Guardsmen and Reservists, so in the future, please refer to unorganized militias as an "MRI", Military Rejected Idiot.

Sorry about that! You're absolutely right. Sorry for the misuse of the term. Just curious, what do you personally like about being in a militia (the training? comradery?) Honestly curious. And in what circumstances would you see your organization taking up arms, and against whom? Oh, and how do you tell the difference between an unorganized militia and an organized one?

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    People watching really is not properly apperciated. Should be an olympic sport or something. Need to make it like a scavenger hunt:

*find the couple engaged in too much groping in public
    *crazy dude constantly talking to himself
    *the shoplifter
    *lost kids looking for mommy
    *plain clothes mall security dude trying not to appear to be plain clothes mall security dude

and so on.

suhsjake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Organized Militias: National Guard, State Guards, and State Naval Militia
    Unorganized Militias: Any militia not funded by your tax payer dollars and not recognized by Federal or State.

Title 10 of the US Code states: (a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
    (b) The classes of the militia are—
    (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
    (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

I serve one weekend a month, two weeks in the summer. Your tax payer dollars (state) pay my salary of $200 per month and about $1600 for the two weeks. The only time I get Federal pay is when Uncle Sam mobilizes me for deployment overseas.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Depends upon the cheek that tongue is in.

I'm all for citizens being ready and able to stand up to our government's transgressions when the democratic process has broken down. We are no where near that. What we have is a simple disagreement as to what the function of government is and we have some corrupt individuals in our government who shouldnt be. But that rehashes what I've been saying.
    Thing is: Even though I've become a decent shot and know how to operate my weapons pretty well there is no way in hell I'd last 30 seconds against an Army Ranger or Marine who has been working in Afganistan. Any mall ninja that thinks they could hang with any of those guys is saddly mistaken. There is a huge difference between playing on a tactical range shooting at steal plates and paper target and having a living breathing skilled and experienced individual focused on fucking you over. Just put the GI Joe costume in the closet and go play some Modern Warfare before you get hurt.
    well put
    i served uncle sugar 78-82 we trained but not like the heros now they shoot BGs for a living
    imho what you do for a living makes you good, so mall ninjas dont count

Top Bottom