• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JandK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2021
    Cherokee County
    My Kimber LW the only parts that are still Kimber are barrel,slide and frame. Ran decent from the factory,had some minor hiccups first 500 rounds,8k later it runs well. I don't baby my carry gun but the toughness of the finish leaves a lot to be desired.
    I have relocated to Rusk so need to find a ceracote shop up here. It's also chambered in 45 acp. Sights are trijicon
    Target Sports

Attachments

• 20230419_105415.jpg
      20230419_105415.jpg
      549.9 KB · Views: 77

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Yeah, but in all seriousness the guy said he knew me, I had caused problems, and there were other folks who had problems with me.

I really wanted his list of the folks who had problems with me. If I've screwed anyone over, for any definition of that phrase, I will make it right. But I can't if I don't know who the alleged victims are.
    Ben, for whatever my opinion is worth, you've always been helpful in helping me and I thoroughly enjoy your reasoned and informative posts. You, and the others mods, have way more compassion than I'll EVER have and I appreciate that, it allows SOME of us to have a rational, albeit spicy, conversation. Thanks for all you do.

Poohgyrr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2019
    South Central Texas
    Bringing a lump of rust back to life;
    This is a restoration of a true iconic gun, the Colt 1911 made in 1914. Chambered in .45 ACP made for the U.S. Army. This firearm no doubt seen the war theaters of WW1 & WW2. The barrel was replaced due to use I would assume. This gun was just rotting away somewhere until I acquired it and brought it back to life. If you enjoy the video, consider subscribing for more restorations. Up next is an M1 Garand found in a river back in the 1980's by a scuba diver.

That right there is neat. I sent the You tube link to some friends. Thanks for sharing.

That would take some time & work, and would have its own satisfaction. Fun. Enjoy.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Pick up this neglected an fugly SA loaded yesterday for a ridiculous low price as a project. After a couple hours of scrubbing, detail strip, an much needed grip swap for another set of crappy ones came out decent.

It’s missing sites, needs sorings, an gi guide rod setup an I think it’ll be a good shooter passed functions test just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_1706.jpeg
      IMG_1706.jpeg
      568.8 KB · Views: 85
    • IMG_1705.jpeg
      IMG_1705.jpeg
      582.5 KB · Views: 84
    • IMG_1710.jpeg
      IMG_1710.jpeg
      545.8 KB · Views: 80
    • IMG_1711.jpeg
      IMG_1711.jpeg
      463.3 KB · Views: 86

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    It was a 10mm nighthawk that KB'd

Oof. Double charge? Squib?

I know Nighthawk has sometimes had spotty QC here and there since their inception but I’m assuming this might have been ammo related? If not, there’s no excuse for a gun that costs that much to do that with quality standard ammo.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Oof. Double charge? Squib?

I know Nighthawk has sometimes had spotty QC here and there since their inception but I’m assuming this might have been ammo related? If not, there’s no excuse for a gun that costs that much to do that with quality standard ammo.
    I have no idea, thats just what i found on google for "split 1911 slide kaboom"

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom