• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Whew! This sucks! My face is swollen and I have two HUGE black eyes. My nose swollen and oozing blood. I've got these two tubes (splints) shoved up each nostril. I was apparently in surgery for 5 freakin' hours! I actually feel worse today than I did the day of the surgery.

Thanks for all the kind words. Monday morning the splints and stitches come out. Yay... more blood!
    Lynx Defense

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Hey man glad to know you're up and about. I wish you good luck with the recovery from what I'm seeing here that's the worst part. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    The doc took out the external stitches, but decided to leave the internal stitches and splints in until Wednesday. Darn! I can't wait to get this mess out of my nose. There's nothing worse than being dependent on others to take care of you. Even though I'm feeling better, my wife tells me not to do anything. I was going to wash dishes and she reminds me that I'm not supposed to bend over. It's driving me nuts. There's only so much "nothing" I can do!!!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Just hang in there it'll get better slowly but surely. I know when I busted my ankle the doc said to sit down and do "nothing at all" and that didn't last threw the first day. Glad to here you're feeling better.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I know how you feel. It sucked for me. The anesthesia took awhile to wear off, and for about 2 weeks I didn't feel like hardly eating anything, not to mention it kind of hurt to chew very much since it would end up moving my nose even just the slightest amount. After ~2-3 weeks I had lost 20lbs since I was eating so little. It sucks now but, in just a couple weeks, believe me things will be quite a bit better.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    WOOHOO!!!!

Got the splints and stitches out today! Wow! I had no idea anything that big could be up my nose. It's no WONDER I felt like my head was going to explode. I can BREATHE!!! Things are still swollen and tender, but the nose is straight, the airways are clear and I CAN BREATHE!

This will probably be my best night's sleep in years.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Not only can you breath but you can pop a few of those mo bad pain killers and you will have the worlds best night sleep. Glad to hear you're doing even better now.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom