• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I'm going in tomorrow (Thursday) for 'septoplasty' (surgery to correct a deviated septum). The way the doc described it, he's going to cut around the underside of my nose, flip it up like a car hood. Then he's going to cut out some bone, move the septum (bone and cartilage divider) to the center to open the airways, trim the turbinates, add cartilage splints to open the nostrils, close the hood and sew the whole thing up.

Sounds like fun!!! He says I'll be out of pocket for about a week. I'll have black eyes for a month or so.

I'm HOPING, when it's all said and done, I can get a good night's sleep for the first time in years.
    Capitol Armory ad

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Good luck with your surgery. I'm going in for a heart catheterization in a few weeks and probably have a stent put in. Had one put in 3 years ago.

I'm sure you'll come out fine.

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    You'll be fine. I had that done about a year ago. I didn't end up having black eyes. The worst thing about it is the packing. You will be breathing through your mouth for a while. :eek:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Good luck. Several years ago I had the same surgery also. I'll say this much. You won't believe the size of those splints they put in there! Ever seen the movie Total Recall where Arnold pulls that massive tracking device out of his nostril? When they pulled the splints out of mine, it looked and felt exactly like that! ;)

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    Good luck. Several years ago I had the same surgery also. I'll say this much. You won't believe the size of those splints they put in there! Ever seen the movie Total Recall where Arnold pulls that massive tracking device out of his nostril? When they pulled the splints out of mine, it looked and felt exactly like that! ;)

No kidding!!! I remember that. I had no idea my nasal cavity went that far.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    So how'd it go? Still alive and kickin'? They didn't make a mistake and put boobs on you, did they? No internal organs missing? I hate it when that happens...

Hope it all went well and you can get that good night's rest after all.

Top Bottom