• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Both. My kids (30ish) love In-and-Out. TwistedRoot is pretty decent. I still prefer Fuddruckers. Fresh buns and a beautiful fixxins bar. Buuuuut....TwistedRoot has a REAL bar....heheh.

Twisted Root's drink selection is amazing, made themselves, good Rootbeer.

For the flatiron crowd, Charlie Allens in Mexia is really a good oldfashioned.

Another great oldfashioned greasy is Top-Of-The-Hill store just north of College Station.

I hear of a great burger stand in Waxahatchie...havent been yet.

Diverted 2 hours off line to go to BobCat Burger. Supposedly the best in America (Arizona?). So yea, I will certainly drive for the right burger.
    (and BobCat was closed on Mondays....dammit)

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Local Fav in McGregor is Papi Taco. Bit of a dive BUT an AWESOME cheeseburger. In Waco try Health Camp Burgers. Making 'em great there for decades.

In & Out is good. Five Guys is better.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    For chain burgers, In & Out and Five Guys are definitely top shelf. Wataburger seems to vary a lot these days...sometimes they are good, sometimes the seem like they were waiting a few hours to be served.

In my locale (North San Antonio - New Braunfels), my favorite joint is Biff Buzby’s at I35 and Topperwein in Selma. http://www.biffbuzbys.com

Another decent local option is Chester’s. Www.chestershamburgers.com Go for the green chili burger.

There are several in the SA area. Another local favorite is Chris Madrid’s downtown, but I’ve only ate there once and it was good, but not up to the “legend” status IMO.

Another new joint I really like is Wraptitude on FM3009 in Garden Ridge Www.wraptitude.com

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Twisted would be my choice. The burgers and ayce bread & butter pickles rock.

In and Out Burger is an accurate description of the process of eating one of their tiny ass burgers. Baby Burger would be more appropriate.

Last edited:

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    For chain burgers, In & Out and Five Guys are definitely top shelf. Wataburger seems to vary a lot these days...sometimes they are good, sometimes the seem like they were waiting a few hours to be served.

In my locale (North San Antonio - New Braunfels), my favorite joint is Biff Buzby’s at I35 and Topperwein in Selma. http://www.biffbuzbys.com

Another decent local option is Chester’s. Www.chestershamburgers.com Go for the green chili burger.

There are several in the SA area. Another local favorite is Chris Madrid’s downtown, but I’ve only ate there once and it was good, but not up to the “legend” status IMO.

Another new joint I really like is Wraptitude on FM3009 in Garden Ridge Www.wraptitude.com

YMMV

I love Chesters. I ate there when they first opened and I lived in SA. I went there a few months ago and it’s still great.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Another one for the greasy burger addict if you are in the College Station area is Yankee's Tavern in Carlos. Love their burgers.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    One place that has a surprisingly good bacon burger is Cotton Patch. My wife and I hit the Monday chickenfried steak special at the Allen location pretty regularly and I tried one on a whim. Damn good.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    808AB584-5026-4E9D-AC0F-D27B55182DB9.jpeg
    F3D824E4-6911-4824-8E87-FDD105C020DD.jpeg
    Best burger I've had in a long time is at "The Boat" on Hwy 27 (and the Guadalupe) on the West side of Kerrville. And the onion rings are exquisite!
    Yes we ate there a few months back and at the Steak place for dinner can’t recall the name but it was nice.

Top Bottom