• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Where is this, Dallas? I didn't know Hopdoddy had expanded beyond Austin.

I'll try to check out Village next time I'm up there. I don't think we have them in Austin.

We were in Ft. Worth last year and I tried to go to Kincaid's but it didn't work out.
    Yep, Dallas. Hopdaddy originating in Austin splains a lot then. I probably was not progressive enough to eat at Hopdaddy.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Where is this, Dallas? I didn't know Hopdoddy had expanded beyond Austin.

I'll try to check out Village next time I'm up there. I don't think we have them in Austin.

We were in Ft. Worth last year and I tried to go to Kincaid's but it didn't work out.
    Hop Doddy is in multiple states now. Never really cared for their burgers. I don't like the texture and think they lack flavor. Don't know why someone would wait in line for one.

I live next to one so I would go to the bar to get fries and beer. This year they added a new cheaper burger to the menu, the little doddy. You can get a single or a double. It's a different patty than their original burgers. No aioli, specially cheeses or sauces. But you can add that stuff if you like. It's just an old school griddled patty with American cheese. Much better flavor. Tastes like a good ol beefy burger. I eat it at least twice a week. The hipsters can keep ordering the $16 Kobe patty that tastes like cardboard. I'm not sure if the little doddy is at every location. I know the menus vary some. If it is, do yourself a favor and bypass all the other hyped burgers on the menu and get a little doddy.

I use to eat at Dirty Martins just north of UT often but since I can walk to hop I haven't been in a while.

Last edited:

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    $16 for a burger is insane.
    They're not $16, they're more like $8-12 depending on which one you get. Fries are extra, cheese can be also depending on which burger you get. Maybe that's where he gets to $16, I dunno. It's a little high but not outrageous. There are plenty of legitimate $16 burgers in this town.

I was not aware that they had a "little doddy", although I recently learned that they have a kid's size that's not on the menu. I have noticed that the regular burgers seem to be smaller than they used to be.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    They're not $16, they're more like $8-12 depending on which one you get. Fries are extra, cheese can be also depending on which burger you get. Maybe that's where he gets to $16, I dunno. It's a little high but not outrageous. There are plenty of legitimate $16 burgers in this town.

I was not aware that they had a "little doddy", although I recently learned that they have a kid's size that's not on the menu. I have noticed that the regular burgers seem to be smaller than they used to be.
    My bad. I thought the primetime burger was 16. I stand corrected. It's been a long time since I actually looked at the menu because I know what I'm going to get. They have the little doddy at the triangle location. Not sure about the other ones.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Yeah. I think they do a monthly beer or brewery and those are $5. I think the rest are $7/ pint.
    We went there for lunch the day after Christmas. I ordered a beer for myself and my wife as we were waiting in line. Gave the bartender a $20 and he returned $3.25 to me.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I'm with Karlac on this thread.

I'm not one to pay ludicrously high prices for everyday kinda food and drink.

Now, if I'm going Ruth Chris, sure, but paying as much as mentioned on some of these posts for beer and a burger isn't something I'm going to do.

I'd think the restaurant owner would be grinnin and chucklin at the word 'sucker' on my forehead as I left after paying the bill.......

Top Bottom