• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    SATX all ... I will use this thread to venture out and try others places in my area.

For a drive thru, they’re not bad and light years ahead of McDs or Sonic.

For sit down, I’ll take Hopdoddy in the Rim over Red Robin.

General Public in the Rim also does a pretty good burger option during happy hour and they usually have a couple of decent $5 cocktails to go with it, too.

There’s a hole in the wall off Babcock and DeZevala that’s superb, just can’t recall the name of it.
    Hurley's Gold

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    For a drive thru, they’re not bad and light years ahead of McDs or Sonic.

For sit down, I’ll take Hopdoddy in the Rim over Red Robin.

General Public in the Rim also does a pretty good burger option during happy hour and they usually have a couple of decent $5 cocktails to go with it, too.

There’s a hole in the wall off Babcock and DeZevala that’s superb, just can’t recall the name of it.
    The hop doddy next to me has their normal cocktail list at $5 during hh. it runs from 1600-1830 here. A few on the list are $10 during regular hours. Also their burger of the month is $5 during hh.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Houlihans actually has really good burgers. Even better happy hour appetizers and drink menu. $5 cheeseburger and $2 fries.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    In Waco, or other towns, Twisted Root is really good. I like the one with roasted pepper on it. Sweet potato fries are good.

Best burger in Waco is Daves Burger Barn. Right off 35 on Craven in Lacy Lakeview . Homemade chips are fantastic.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    When I moved to SATX all I heard is you have to try Whataburger. I have never been impressed with it. I actually like their chicken better than the burgers. ....

Times change. The Texas Whataburger is about context ... like gazing at a wife of 40 years and seeing a pretty young girl ... still enjoyable.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Times change. The Texas Whataburger is about context ... like gazing at a wife of 40 years and seeing a pretty young girl ... still enjoyable.
    I figured that out after the very first Whatabuger I ate! I have pissed off a few friends telling them if you hadn't grown up eating them you wouldn't still be eating them.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I'll take Wendy's over WB any day. Our goto out here in the sticks is Freddy's.

When we lived in the Sodom on the Willamette there were several Red Robin locations around us. That's pretty much where we went for a burger.

Way back Widmer (the beer people) had a Sunday special where their Bourbon Bock BBQ burger was $5 and pints were $2. Those were the good days.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Dang we really need to do a blind fold taste test. Wendy's? In and Out? Whataburger sucks? Blasephamy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Dang we really need to do a blind fold taste test. Wendy's? In and Out? Whataburger sucks? Blasephamy.

Best way to judge these legacy burger and fast food joints is to wait ten years between the "experience'.

Couple of months back stopped and ordered my old favorite at a new Wendy's in Hot Springs for the first time in a decade. You could read a newspaper through the individual patties of old "Dave's Triple Meat & Cheese".

About the same experience with KFC ... ten years between visits and wasn't aware they were now serving sparrow thighs and drumsticks instead of chicken.

It's hell getting old, but I feel sorrier for you youngsters ...

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Best way to judge these legacy burger and fast food joints is to wait ten years between the "experience'.

Couple of months back stopped and ordered my old favorite at a new Wendy's in Hot Springs for the first time in a decade. You could read a newspaper through the individual patties of old "Dave's Triple Meat & Cheese".

About the same experience with KFC ... ten years between visits and wasn't aware they were now serving sparrow thighs and drumsticks instead of chicken.

Testify Brother!

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    OK here's one that is up there with Whataburger.
    Storms in Lampasas. I think they have a couple of other locations now but the original reigns supreme. Patties are thin but loaded three to the burger.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

Lol!
    I was excited cuz a KFC was close to a jobsite.
    As stated, they're sure not serving full grown chickens.
    A Banty rooster would put those legs to shame.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    Back in the late eighties...Wendys was my favorite, bar none then Dave sold out and that went to he-- in a handbasket. Why would somebody buy a really successful food facility and immediately change the menu??
    Those that remember Underwoods ....the sons opened other branches all of which ultimately failed. The only survivor in Brownwood still did it like Daddy did it.
    Now his son took over and ...guess what no longer up to speed!!
    JMHO

Top Bottom