• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    Going shooting at Bullethole Sat. I'm taking ALL my guns that day, HK, FNP, Rem, and Marlin. Plan to shoot 300 rounds through the HK and FNP, at least 50 rounds through my shottie and 80 rounds through my new Marlin.:D
    Hurley's Gold

Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    I've only been to The Bullet Hole range once. It's close to 40 miles from me, or I'd be going there a lot. (I live up on the NE side of San Antonio, near the intersection of I-35 North and 1604, and usually go to Bracken or Cedar Ridge.) That trip to The Bullet Hole turned out to be a very fortunate excursion for me.

I struck up a conversation with a fellow shooting next to me... and over the course of the next few weeks, he got me started in reloading. I went to his house three or four times in that time period and he graciously let me use his equipment. That was last January. I've now got my own stuff and have reloaded just over 3,000 rounds of .38 Spec, .357 Mag, and .45 ACP. Great fun, this! :D

Amistad

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    Went to the range today with my nephew, who's 16, and carried all my stuff and all my guns.lol. Put 600 rounds through my USP 9 and 200 rounds through my FNP-40. Round count for my USP 9 is 3000 and 600 for my FNP-40. I'll be putting more through my USP in the following weeks due to that I'm in an L.E. academy and have decided to use my USP 9 for range use instead of a Glock. Not to mention 9mm ammo is much cheaper :D . Plus I have better control and better follow up shots with my 9mm than a 40 and much better than a 45. Also put 80 rounds of Hornady LeveRevolution 30-30 through my Marlin :twisted: . Shooting at an 8" target 50yds away with IRON sights, standing up, no bench shooting here, resulted in 90% of hits within the target :D , the other shots were no more than 2" from hitting the 8" target, with one 5" flier :confused:. Didn't get to shoot my shottie, but might do that Sunday, and put another 100 rounds through my FNP-40.

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    Went back to the range today to shoot my 870 and burn off the last 100 rounds of 40 ammo I had left. I shot some winchester ranger reduced recoil buckshot and Fiocchi reduced recoil buckshot as well. Both felt the same when shooting and IMO the Fiocchi had a little bit better pattern at 25yds. Remington's low recoil also shot well. I also finished off 4 rounds of 3" mag buckshot(rem). The pistol line all looked at me when I shot those shells:D. Some other guys had shotguns as well but were shooting birdshot or lead I think, nowhere near as loud or powerful as those 3"mag buckshot.lol.

gwrober

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I haven't been to the Bullethole in a while - I've been meaning to go back! That's the first (and only) place I've taken my wife shooting.

A friend of mine used to work there, before his family moved up to Alaska.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Bullet Hole

I used to go there about a decade ago when I lived on the North West Side of town.

It was a pretty run down range but a good place to plink without a whole lot of restrictions, a lot of Class 3 NFA stuff back then. Now I am not so sure.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom