• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I'm heading to the Tyler/Longview/Kilgore area next week on business. I go to Lock N Load (only public range I know of) at least one night each trip out there. So, I'll be shooting sometime from Tuesday night through Thursday night. I don't know which night yet, I usually go with the flow.

Anybody want to join? If so, which night?
    Lynx Defense

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    Hey King, I am in the longview area and go shooting at the ETRPC range. I have been curious about lockn load in Tyler. Whats your opinion of the range? Average range trip cost?

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    It is a nice, clean, indoor range. I think that I pay about $15 to shoot there. The guys are friendly and keep everything up to snuff. They are fairly strict with rule enforcement.

I was browsing at Gun Doctor a while back and one of the counter guys invited me to shoot [I am pretty sure] at ETRPC. He said that the guys from the shop go there on Friday nights, but I always head home on Friday.

Hey, if you play bass in Longview, do you know Al Heard?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    It is a nice, clean, indoor range. I think that I pay about $15 to shoot there. The guys are friendly and keep everything up to snuff. They are fairly strict with rule enforcement.

I was browsing at Gun Doctor a while back and one of the counter guys invited me to shoot [I am pretty sure] at ETRPC. He said that the guys from the shop go there on Friday nights, but I always head home on Friday.

Hey, if you play bass in Longview, do you know Al Heard?

you know, I think i do know that name from around the musical scene. You mind me asking his age and kind of stuff he plays?

Yeah, if you were chatting with the guys at the Gun DOctor then they were most likely talking about the ETRPC. The "Doc" himself is i believe one of the officers of the club, treasurer maybe. Check out the page if you like. ETRPC Home Page

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I don't know what kind of music he plays. He used to play with some guys on Thursdays, then Tuesdays at a local place that had open mic night. I always wanted to go listen, but never got around to it. He was one of my customers until he took his chips off the table and sold his interest in the company. He's around retirement age. I know he likes to fly & has a plane.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.

I went tonight....the above statement needs major updating. First, it was $20 + tax. The range was nice and clean, but I need to modify my statement about strict rule enforcement. Okay, the new statement is "anything goes". I had a group of 5 bozo's shooting alongside me, they were firing fast enough for me to wonder if these fine specimens of citizenry owned full-autos. I looked at their targets, most completely missed and the rounds that didn't miss were all over the place. I was amazed that the range guys didn't say anything. I knew that these folks couldn't shoot me if they tried, however, I thought they may accidently shoot me, so I left.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    I went tonight....the above statement needs major updating. First, it was $20 + tax. The range was nice and clean, but I need to modify my statement about strict rule enforcement. Okay, the new statement is "anything goes". I had a group of 5 bozo's shooting alongside me, they were firing fast enough for me to wonder if these fine specimens of citizenry owned full-autos. I looked at their targets, most completely missed and the rounds that didn't miss were all over the place. I was amazed that the range guys didn't say anything. I knew that these folks couldn't shoot me if they tried, however, I thought they may accidently shoot me, so I left.

Wow! that's a lil scary. Next week some time i am going to be in tyler on some biz and i was thinking about taking my C9 and checking it out. Is it bring your own ammo or buy there? And is the $20 per hour, or is it $20 for the whole trip, no time limit?

!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Along those same lines, my wife wants to go to the Rose Festival, so are there any shooting events or gun shows the weekend of October 17th?

Top Bottom