• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Prices for the milsurps seem about right for refenished guns, assuming untouched metal and good bore conditions

Every auction that had guns I've witnessed had junked out single shot shot guns and hi point carbines getting massively overbid
    Lynx Defense

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Any interest in me going to the next one in about a month?
    Yes, just to see if prices come down a bit post election - or if they go up.

Even though pretty distant from me, I figure almost a 4 hour drive time, I have been considering attending a R2BA firearms auction in Chico, TX. They hold them now and then but every time one comes up I either already have plans or was feeling sick from that damned RMSF (which may be recurring again). I forget how high is their buyer's premium if you attend in person (I think it was 15% but not certain) but their online premium, through Proxibid, is 20%. Man - that is high and it was that way pre-pandemic. It really jacks the prices up because lots of folks get the bidding bug and seem to forget all abput that premium that will be added to their bid.

The auction house I deal with in Geneva, NY - Hessney Auction Co. LTD - charges a 13% online buyer's premium. When they were allowed to have live in person auctions (they are not now because of the Covid crap) they charged 10% for cash or check (drawn on a NYState bank) and 13% for credit cards. That is much easier on the pocketbook and even now you can still sometimes get a decent deal, especially if you are buying a C&R gun and have a C&R FFL. They do not charge state sales tax when I buy from them now that I am here in TX.

Anyway, still wanting to go to a live auction here, hope to find one closer to Texarkana but finding anything really good that is close to this pimple on the backside of TX is not all that easy to do. If I find a reasonable motel near the one in Chico that allows pets, I will visit them sooner or later.

Top Bottom