• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yep. Had a good time when I wasn't teaching. Got a call to go straight from there to a protection gig in Corpus. I will be here this week. No suggestions needed on what to do in my downtime, lol
    Gun Zone Deals

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    You are probably gone by now but my FIL lives there so we have been a bunch of times. Fish, tube the Rio Grande, or visit the Alamo set. I think it's from the John Wayne film.

Alamo Village closed about 4 years ago, no longer open to visitors but is for sale.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Cool. Not sure I would do that. I would be afraid I would end up losing my bike. I did enjoy riding 3 months around the U.S. though, 26,000 miles.

Awh, 'ell, all I would have to do is lay it on its side and those little Mexican guys down there wouldn't be able to pick it up. :)

People always are concerned about the drug cartels and such when you mention driving / riding in Mexico. Personally, I've never had a problem and it's not like I actually plan where I've riding, I just ride and end up wherever I end up. I've found the people nice even though I don't speak the language. I once spent an hour at a bar in the middle of nowhere, drinking beers and "talking" with the owner -- he didn't speak English and I didn't speak Spanish, but that apparently neither of us would admit that we had no idea what the other person was saying. Just some little bar in the middle of nowhere and I was the only customer. Not exactly desert, but pretty close to it.

My wife and some of her childhood friends (a bunch of cackling old hens) are talking about a trip to Puerto Vallarta next year. I'm halfway tempted to ride down there just for shits-and-giggles. It's probably around 1100 miles. Back in my younger days, I could do that in one day. These days, I would probably spread it over two days. Getting old sucks... :(

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom