• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm going to Bracken tomorrow to test out some new magazines I got for my 1911 at the last gun show, and to zero the iron sights on my AR at 100 yards.

I'm not going to be there long, but if anyone wants to meet, I'm going to be there when they open at 9am, and will be starting on the pistol line (because it's a lot busier than the rifle line when they first open).

Look for the red Crown Victoria. If you see it, I'm there.

BTW, if anyone has any Wolf .223/5.56 just laying around, I'd like to buy three boxes off you so I can see how well (or bad) my rifle does with that ammo. I'll bring cash ($15).
    Military Camp

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    When I first started going there, it was fine. Now, because of some nimrods that can't/won't control their weapons, the covered pistol line has na overhang in front of the shooters that stops 4-1/2 to 5 feet off the ground, almost obscuring the tops of the targets from view, and you're not allowed to shoot offhand on the rifle line any more. They said they had one guy there that was purposely firing over the 30-foot berm behind the 100-yard targets. What a retard, and he ruined it for the rest of us. It's kind of absurd when you think about it though, because I can still shoot over the berm, even sitting and with my elbows on the table, so not allowing offhand is just stupid.

Anyway, I've been wanting to find another place to shoot, but everything is either too far (Cedar Ridge), dangerous (Bullethole), or so poorly maintained as to be a joke (Dietz and County).

Top Bottom