• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I recently (May) bought a Kimber Crimson Custom Carry II. I have had no problems after a good cleaning. It's tight and shoots real well. So far so good. I have heard the horror stories also except it was attributed to the move to NY. Don't know, I like mine. Probably still less than 500 rounds so not broken in yet.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I have around 500 rounds through my Kimber and I haven’t had any problems since it’s first trip to the range. On its first trip, I had one mag that would cause an FTE on the 3rd round. I gave that mag to Easyrider, since it worked great for his S&W.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have around 500 rounds through my Kimber and I haven’t had any problems since it’s first trip to the range. On its first trip, I had one mag that would cause an FTE on the 3rd round. I gave that mag to Easyrider, since it worked great for his S&W.
    Still working too, thanks again.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Took the freshly re-assembled Remmy to the range because 4th of July! Oddly enough, with the factory 7 round mag, it tried to double feed on the second to last round, repetitively, whereas no such issue was had with the, also factory, 8 round magazine. Other than that, it behaved fine. That "Colt custom shop ultralight trigger" really is ultralight. Can't be much more than 3.5 pounds.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Took the freshly re-assembled Remmy to the range because 4th of July! Oddly enough, with the factory 7 round mag, it tried to double feed on the second to last round, repetitively, whereas no such issue was had with the, also factory, 8 round magazine. Other than that, it behaved fine. That "Colt custom shop ultralight trigger" really is ultralight. Can't be much more than 3.5 pounds.

Welcome to the world of 1911 mags.

Can you identify who made the mags?

Umm.... that trigger, it's not ultra light pull weight, it's just ultra light weight, as in mass. It's the sear that really matters in a 1911.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    No idea. They both came directly from Remington. The 7 rounder has a stepped metal follower and the 8 rounder has a plastic one.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I've never had a problem with 1911 mags of any kind. A couple of Promags are in my collection and actually work fine. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I am fond of the Checkmate mags (used by Sig for one). Metal follower. They work great.

Personally, I am just not a fan of plastic followers (e.g., WC and others). Lots of folks do like them, however.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I've had no problem with any of the plastic followers in a ton of other guns, not with the one in the 8 rd mag from Remington. It's the 7 rd one with the metal follower from Remington that's being silly.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I've had no problem with any of the plastic followers in a ton of other guns, not with the one in the 8 rd mag from Remington. It's the 7 rd one with the metal follower from Remington that's being silly.

I did not say the problem was a plastic follower. Just expressed a personal preference for metal.

This problem is often caused by a defective/weak magazine spring. Make sure there is nothing inside the mag housing (grease, etc.) that could be preventing the spring from exerting its full force to the follower. If not, then send it back to Remington for a replacement.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I've got a bunch of 1911 mags, around 75 or so. Everything from surplus GI mags to Wilson's. I've only had one mag that gave me problems. Swapped the spring and everything was fine.

That being said I've had to work with some of my 10mm mags. The slide velocity is a lot higher in the 10mm, my Dan Wesson CBOB is really picky about mags with hotter loads. That Commander length slide with 10mm is moving really fast and ya have to have some really good springs to get the ammo in place when it starts going forward.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Of all the brand new guns I've bought, this one is the first that didn't have a bunch of metal shavings inside after firing it the first few times:

gAhzgSK.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom