• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I got an E-Series when they first came out but just never could warm up to it. Didn’t care for the front cocking serrations but that’s just cosmetics. It did choke a little on JHP ammo with factory mags, but maybe would have settled in ok after 300-400 rounds or so. Not unheard of for some 1911’s and factory mags or JHP’s. Was just at a point of thinning out 1911’s that didn’t run 100% with any of the mags/ammo I typically use so moved on from it.
    Might have to bump up your budget some for a rail and Stainless
    E-Series is not a Performance Center.
    Guns International

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    AB99E256-645D-4414-B080-6BFD0E0D3951.jpeg
    Good to know. I dont mind spending money for quality so I appreciate you sharing your experience. They make really clean looking 1911s
    I shot his 1911 last weekend. It’s really nice. That photo is ER’s $1,200 S&W, a $1,000 Kimber, a $1,350 Sig, and a $850 Springfield. You're the one paying so you can be as picky as you want, but I personally think you’re making a mistake.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Ruger is ideal but my RIA, despite you listing as a "no go" has been quite enjoyable to shoot. Well over 1000 rounds and no issues. Outside of that, you might be able to find a S&W one in that price range but I doubt it. My Remington R1 I got used from Texasgordo years ago, has been flawless and they can be had in that range as well.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you do decide to go with the S&W P/C Commander 1911, let me know and I will walk you through on how to get it for $1,196 shipped, they normally go for around $1,300 to $1,500.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Here are a few...too lazy to post links, but the selling store name is shown on the pic

Go big or go home
    11e00753d55846e382c3550285b32e59.jpg

f24fe3b68504ede825d701e11d464742.jpg

3189c85ec92a2beb6aee27356237cbbb.jpg

a62a5494a580a54e50eac6cb0828a32b.jpg

7632d03c2495cbc7b333cfba44be625d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: MTA

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have had a Springfield GI, S&W, and Kimber Warrior. All were good guns.

I prefer them with a rail so the Warrior was probably my favorite. The coating was kind of weak though.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My first 1911 was a Colt series 70. Great pistol that served me well until it was stolen. I figured I needed another .45 pistol & bought an H&K P9S target. It made the Colt look like shit by comparison. At the time it was my best shooting pistol. It was more accurate the my S&W model 27 with a 8 3/8 barrel.

Eventually I wanted another 1911 simply because everyone should have one (like owning a Garand Rifle). I went into Collector Firearms in Houston with cash in hand & went straight to the case with their high end 1911's. I should of never brought the wife along as every salesman was busy chasing her around trying to help her! I pissed me off to the point I vowed I'd never buy shit from them ever.

I ended up ordering a Les Baer SRP with the 1 1/2 guarantee. This is what a 1911 should be. I was at a range once shooting it when some dude with a Springfield wanted to show me his gun was much better for less money. I really don't care much for shooting other peoples guns, because I'm really there to shot mine! Well the dude persisted and he hands me his gun. I didn't offer him my gun simple because I never let a stranger touch my guns. First shot and he's all in my face about how bad ass his Springfield is. I couldn't even see where I hit the target & is was 20 feet away. So as I bring his pistol up to try it again I notice the front sight is now missing. As I point this out to the dude he has the most stupid look on his face. IIRC I told him good luck finding his front sight in the dirt.

Save more money! Go look at Baers, Wilsons, Ed Browns & Nighthawks. Buy once & never reget it.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Ruger is ideal but my RIA, despite you listing as a "no go" has been quite enjoyable to shoot. Well over 1000 rounds and no issues. Outside of that, you might be able to find a S&W one in that price range but I doubt it. My Remington R1 I got used from Texasgordo years ago, has been flawless and they can be had in that range as well.
    Have had an RIA before and I agree it was nice but I am looking for a higher quality gun
    Here are a few...too lazy to post links, but the selling store name is shown on the pic
    Awesome I forgot about slick deals thank you

Colt competition stainless at $900 View attachment 140292
    Saw one of these on gunbroker. Top of the list so far . Ty
    My first 1911 was a Colt series 70. Great pistol that served me well until it was stolen. I figured I needed another .45 pistol & bought an H&K P9S target. It made the Colt look like shit by comparison. At the time it was my best shooting pistol. It was more accurate the my S&W model 27 with a 8 3/8 barrel.

Eventually I wanted another 1911 simply because everyone should have one (like owning a Garand Rifle). I went into Collector Firearms in Houston with cash in hand & went straight to the case with their high end 1911's. I should of never brought the wife along as every salesman was busy chasing her around trying to help her! I pissed me off to the point I vowed I'd never buy shit from them ever.

I ended up ordering a Les Baer SRP with the 1 1/2 guarantee. This is what a 1911 should be. I was at a range once shooting it when some dude with a Springfield wanted to show me his gun was much better for less money. I really don't care much for shooting other peoples guns, because I'm really there to shot mine! Well the dude persisted and he hands me his gun. I didn't offer him my gun simple because I never let a stranger touch my guns. First shot and he's all in my face about how bad ass his Springfield is. I couldn't even see where I hit the target & is was 20 feet away. So as I bring his pistol up to try it again I notice the front sight is now missing. As I point this out to the dude he has the most stupid look on his face. IIRC I told him good luck finding his front sight in the dirt.

Save more money! Go look at Baers, Wilsons, Ed Browns & Nighthawks. Buy once & never reget it.

I dont like the 1911 platform that much to spend the big bucks like that. Looking for a mid level 1911 but thanks for sharing that. I dont plan on supporting Springfield again after the gun control shit they pulled in Illinois. Guess it is going to be Colt or S&W at this point

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I had a very bad experience with an SA, serious quality problems with their second to the best model. Failed out of the box. SA made it right, but I ended up selling it.

With Colt, you may end up with a plastic MSH. Plus you pay a premium for the name.

I own seven Sig 1911's. Excellent value. All fully reliable with a variety of mags and ammo. Very smooth shooting. Very good fit and finish.

Personally, I don't like the looks on most of the S&W 1911's. But that is personal taste.

Kimber once made a fine 1911. But when they ramped up production some years back, quality seemed to slip. I read far too many reports of Kimber issues, so I have avoided them.

The Remington 1911 appears solid. But with the company's bankruptcy, perhaps that is not a good choice at present.

Guncrafter is the best, but that is out of your price range.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Have had an RIA before and I agree it was nice but I am looking for a higher quality gun

Awesome I forgot about slick deals thank you

Saw one of these on gunbroker. Top of the list so far . Ty

I dont like the 1911 platform that much to spend the big bucks like that. Looking for a mid level 1911 but thanks for sharing that. I dont plan on supporting Springfield again after the gun control shit they pulled in Illinois. Guess it is going to be Colt or S&W at this point
    Check them out in a store, and not only check how they rack and the how the trigger feels, also check how tight it is. The more movement between slide and housing means less accuracy. Customs are usually very tight, and at times much harder to rack.
    Of course, if possible, shoot them.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I had a very bad experience with an SA, serious quality problems with their second to the best model. Failed out of the box. SA made it right, but I ended up selling it.

With Colt, you may end up with a plastic MSH. Plus you pay a premium for the name.

I own seven Sig 1911's. Excellent value. All fully reliable with a variety of mags and ammo. Very smooth shooting. Very good fit and finish.

Personally, I don't like the looks on most of the S&W 1911's. But that is personal taste.

Kimber once made a fine 1911. But when they ramped up production some years back, quality seemed to slip. I read far too many reports of Kimber issues, so I have avoided them.

The Remington 1911 appears solid. But with the company's bankruptcy, perhaps that is not a good choice at present.

Guncrafter is the best, but that is out of your price range.

Appreciate the info thank you
    Check them out in a store, and not only check how they rack and the how the trigger feels, also check how tight it is. The more movement between slide and housing means less accuracy. Customs are usually very tight, and at times much harder to rack.
    Of course, if possible, shoot them.

Will do. I am going to try to make my rounds today after work and see what local stores have in stock

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Dan Wesson Heritage. Best $1200 you'll spend.

I've got two older S&W 1911s and they have been awesome.

Overall, most DW owners seem to be pleased with their 1911's. There was a period when they were having galling problems with their stainless models. Seems like that was a couple of years ago, though. Am sure they would have that solved by now.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    You are selling yourself short on possibly the best 1911 in your price range, the Springfield Range Officer.

Without derailing this thread, I wont support them due to their gun control lobbying in Illinois. I have owned a Springfield 1911 in the past and I had a bad experience with QC. So its a double no for me. If others want to support them, they can but I have no interest in doing that

Top Bottom