• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Well I have news, today I went out shooting with a friend who isnt too much of a gun nut. I went around and decided to check out some 1911s at a few gun stores in DFW. All Colts I saw had plastic MSH for those who are curious. Made sure I checked

Here is what I saw:

Colt 1991 9mm: What a rickety POS. There was so much slop in between the slide and frame. Reminded me of the Col in Okinawa who pulled strings to keep a 1911 in the armory for his own use. His GI issue 1911 didnt even have this much play though. Little disappointed but trigger was decent

Colt Rail Gun 45 ACP: This was a stark difference to the 1991. It was oozing quality. Parts were fitted tighter than a dolphins asshole. Trigger was outstanding. It is $907 in the clearance section at Rifle Gear in Plano.

Ruger SR1911 Nightwatch: It was pretty decent. Little play in between the slide and frame. Parts seemed good. Trigger was really nice. Wasnt worth $8-850 to me. More like a $700 gun

Ruger SR1911 Stainless w/Novak Sights: Once again pretty good. Less play than the nightwatch. Trigger was really nice. $749 at academy $775 at Cabelas

Colt Government 45: Almost bought this. Was $875 and had everything going for it but was searching for stainless. Finish was surprisingly nice.

So after all of that, still wasnt crazy about anything. Ended up trading a relative an older Glock 22 for a NIB Remington R1S. I know I might sound crazy but it actually surprised the hell out of me with how solid this thing feels. No slop, nice trigger, finish is awesome. I fired a few mags through it and it had no issues at all. Kinda dumbfounded that this weapon was made by Remington. Figured I got it for nothing as I am swimming in 40 cal Glocks so what the hell. Going to beat on it some and let yall know how it fairs. As for right now, initial impressions are very positive
    IMG_0907.jpg

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Well I have news, today I went out shooting with a friend who isnt too much of a gun nut. I went around and decided to check out some 1911s at a few gun stores in DFW. All Colts I saw had plastic MSH for those who are curious. Made sure I checked

Here is what I saw:

Colt 1991 9mm: What a rickety POS. There was so much slop in between the slide and frame. Reminded me of the Col in Okinawa who pulled strings to keep a 1911 in the armory for his own use. His GI issue 1911 didnt even have this much play though. Little disappointed but trigger was decent

Colt Rail Gun 45 ACP: This was a stark difference to the 1991. It was oozing quality. Parts were fitted tighter than a dolphins *******. Trigger was outstanding. It is $907 in the clearance section at Rifle Gear in Plano.

Ruger SR1911 Nightwatch: It was pretty decent. Little play in between the slide and frame. Parts seemed good. Trigger was really nice. Wasnt worth $8-850 to me. More like a $700 gun

Ruger SR1911 Stainless w/Novak Sights: Once again pretty good. Less play than the nightwatch. Trigger was really nice. $749 at academy $775 at Cabelas

Colt Government 45: Almost bought this. Was $875 and had everything going for it but was searching for stainless. Finish was surprisingly nice.

So after all of that, still wasnt crazy about anything. Ended up trading a relative an older Glock 22 for a NIB Remington R1S. I know I might sound crazy but it actually surprised the hell out of me with how solid this thing feels. No slop, nice trigger, finish is awesome. I fired a few mags through it and it had no issues at all. Kinda dumbfounded that this weapon was made by Remington. Figured I got it for nothing as I am swimming in 40 cal Glocks so what the hell. Going to beat on it some and let yall know how it fairs. As for right now, initial impressions are very positive
    View attachment 140467
    Nice looking Remington. I’ll give you the same advice I give everyone who acquires a 1911. Those things breed like rabbits in your gun safe.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas

Here is what I saw:

Colt Rail Gun 45 ACP: This was a stark difference to the 1991. It was oozing quality. Parts were fitted tighter than a dolphins *******. Trigger was outstanding. It is $907 in the clearance section at Rifle Gear in Plano.

View attachment 140467
    I had the same one and had zero problems with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I had the same one and had zero problems with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That is awesome to hear. I was wary at first but had nothing to lose. A joy to shoot
    View attachment 140470 Your thread inspired me to get a new 1911.
    .45 Lightweight Commander
    The Rail gun and Govt were hard to walk away from today. You will have to bring this to the next meet

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Here is what I saw:

View attachment 140467

The one R1 I had a chance to handle looked pretty solid. Owner was very pleased with it. Congrats.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Range report?
    Trying to get there today or I might just go out in the backyard again. We were on our way to Sherman to go to the cracker barrel last night and we saw two dogs, adult and puppy, on the side of the road. Wife couldnt say no so we brought them back to the house and have been dealing with that situation right now. I shot two mags yesterday and it was very accurate, recoil was nothing.I am very pleased with it so far but I want to break it in with a few hundred rounds

Top Bottom