• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big_Blue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Spring
    Hey fellas,

I have a Rem 870, and was trying to inquire about a descently priced 12Ga Slug I can use for Target Practice at the Range. They only allow Slugs, and they are hard to come by sometimes. I am trying to track some down, and wondering what others are using?? Thanks in advance

Joe
    Guns International

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Remington makes a bulk pack of 15 3" Mag Slugs for 15 bucks. If you're practicing for hunting season, these are the shells for you. I hit a large hog from 50 yards back in April with one of these and he was obliterated.

Big_Blue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Spring
    Thanks for the responses Fellas, and I am gonna keep an eye out for these. Used the Remingtons in the Past, but they are getting harder and harder to come by!!

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Do you have rifled or smooth bore? The sabot slugs, which shoot best in the rifled barrels tend to be more expensive, but I you can still shoot the rifled slugs in a rifled barrel. But IME, the Foster slugs (the ones with rifling on the slug) are not as accurate as the sabot rounds by quite a margin when shot out of a rifled barrel or one with at rifled choke tube.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Cheaper than dirt has some Sellier& Bellot 2 3/4 1 ounce slugs
    for 5 for 3.89 and 1350 Fps.
    I have used nothing but S & B in my shot gun and think they are very
    good.
    Their 00 buck is very good also.

Big_Blue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Spring
    Thanks for the Comments fellas, but the Problem is that I am offshore right now, and probably wont be going home for about 3 or 4 more weeks....so sometimes I buy online....or try to find some when I am home. Thanks for the responses though, and keep up the good work, and stay safe!!

Warrior Judge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    North Carolina
    I have have very good service from Ammunition to Go. I have placed several orders through them and all have gone smoothly. They have good prices and in my experience, what they advertise, they really have it in stock.

I have some Wolf slugs that I bought on the recommendation of others. I have not yet tried them, but they are supposed to be good and they are cheap.

WJ

Top Bottom