Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Vertari, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Vertari

Vertari New Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    So, I'm new here as you can all see...but, I guess I'll introduce myself quite a bit up front.

About Me: I'm a 21 year old guy living in Austin, Texas who works for HEB. You can probably see that by my profile. I'm single at the moment. I stand (according to the DPS) 5'10" and I weight about 212lbs. My weapon is a 9mm Smith and Wesson SW9VE with a 16 round magazine and I have two magazines.

Why I Joined: Well, to be honest I joined because of two reasons. Primarily, I am looking to sell my handgun. The original reason why I got it isn't there anymore and I have no use for it now so I have been wanting to sell it for some time. Secondly, well I need to know more about my handgun in order for me to sell it. Yeah, I've never really used it. I've only fired it off once and it has been in its protective case for about 98% of the time that I've had it. ...If you wanted a third reason, you could say I want to learn more about guns from people who actually know something since my brother has his own weapon and if I'm talking to him about it, I'd like to be more knowledgeable.

Why This Site: It was the first that popped up on Google...just the honest reason why I chose this site when looking up places to register and that would be friendly to gun sales. Ironically enough, this was the same site I read through when I was doing some research into selling my firearm beforehand. I'm not going to say what I was researching since apparently, it is a touchy issue with people having their own opinions and it has been thoroughly discussed.

So, that's a bit about me, why I joined and why this site in particular. ...Nothing else comes to mind to say so I'll leave this open to ya'll now.

2. txbikerman

txbikerman TGT Addict

Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Welcome.
    All you need to do is start asking questions.
    FWIW, do not sell your handgun. Go shoot it more. You've barely started.

4. Vertari

Vertari New Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Ha ha..."txbikerman"...I saw this forum had a motorcycle section. That's partially what's driving my reason to sell, to finish the repairs on my bike so I can start riding it. Relatively new to motorcycles though. Just recently went through a training class and got my license.

Thanks Moonpie. I'll probably get into the cleaning and maintenance sections soon when I browse more. I've seen the kits but as far as I know, there's at least two different types of kits for handguns depending on something about your gun. I have to clean it properly to be able to go shoot it more. ...But yeah, at my old job I used to have coworkers who were into guns. I would've gone to the range with them but they left. By the way, from the way my brother talks about it I think I'd rather fire his Glock. They have a pretty good reputation from what I know.

5. txbikerman

txbikerman TGT Addict

Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Moonpie is right, ask questions and don't sell your gun, it just takes practice and more practice, cleaning and maintenance is a big part of shooting . as far as what to shoot, not into glocks, i am a 1911 guy. but to each his own .

6. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict

Jul 1, 2011
    1911s are a maintenance/cleaning nightmare when they work. The rest of the time they need repairs.

7. txbikerman

txbikerman TGT Addict

Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    they have been working for hundred years. How long have glocks been around? rather trust my life to a Proven design.

8. Vertari

Vertari New Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    So...would that be a Colt? ...or a Taurus? I'm looking up 1911 on Google but there's multiple results.

9. txbikerman

txbikerman TGT Addict

Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    mine is a colt, but there are lots of makes, good and bad points for all

10. Vertari

Vertari New Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Well, to be honest I only know Colt from the Call of Duty series of games. Pretty nice weapon in game even for it being a handgun. ...Yeah, it doesn't amount to "experience" but I think they have the 1911 in the games set for earlier years.