• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vertari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    So, I'm new here as you can all see...but, I guess I'll introduce myself quite a bit up front.

About Me: I'm a 21 year old guy living in Austin, Texas who works for HEB. You can probably see that by my profile. I'm single at the moment. I stand (according to the DPS) 5'10" and I weight about 212lbs. My weapon is a 9mm Smith and Wesson SW9VE with a 16 round magazine and I have two magazines.

Why I Joined: Well, to be honest I joined because of two reasons. Primarily, I am looking to sell my handgun. The original reason why I got it isn't there anymore and I have no use for it now so I have been wanting to sell it for some time. Secondly, well I need to know more about my handgun in order for me to sell it. Yeah, I've never really used it. I've only fired it off once and it has been in its protective case for about 98% of the time that I've had it. ...If you wanted a third reason, you could say I want to learn more about guns from people who actually know something since my brother has his own weapon and if I'm talking to him about it, I'd like to be more knowledgeable.

Why This Site: It was the first that popped up on Google...just the honest reason why I chose this site when looking up places to register and that would be friendly to gun sales. Ironically enough, this was the same site I read through when I was doing some research into selling my firearm beforehand. I'm not going to say what I was researching since apparently, it is a touchy issue with people having their own opinions and it has been thoroughly discussed.

So, that's a bit about me, why I joined and why this site in particular. ...Nothing else comes to mind to say so I'll leave this open to ya'll now.
    Capitol Armory ad

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Welcome.
    All you need to do is start asking questions.
    FWIW, do not sell your handgun. Go shoot it more. You've barely started.

Vertari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Ha ha..."txbikerman"...I saw this forum had a motorcycle section. That's partially what's driving my reason to sell, to finish the repairs on my bike so I can start riding it. Relatively new to motorcycles though. Just recently went through a training class and got my license.

Thanks Moonpie. I'll probably get into the cleaning and maintenance sections soon when I browse more. I've seen the kits but as far as I know, there's at least two different types of kits for handguns depending on something about your gun. I have to clean it properly to be able to go shoot it more. ...But yeah, at my old job I used to have coworkers who were into guns. I would've gone to the range with them but they left. By the way, from the way my brother talks about it I think I'd rather fire his Glock. They have a pretty good reputation from what I know.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Moonpie is right, ask questions and don't sell your gun, it just takes practice and more practice, cleaning and maintenance is a big part of shooting . as far as what to shoot, not into glocks, i am a 1911 guy. but to each his own .

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    1911s are a maintenance/cleaning nightmare when they work. The rest of the time they need repairs.

Vertari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Well, to be honest I only know Colt from the Call of Duty series of games. Pretty nice weapon in game even for it being a handgun. ...Yeah, it doesn't amount to "experience" but I think they have the 1911 in the games set for earlier years.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    it is still very popular today, go to a good gun store and handle all of the types. i know i fell in love with mine when i picked one up and it just felt right in my hand

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Glock makes a fine handgun. So does Colt.
    You just need to get out with the right kind of shooters.
    1911's are like a Harley. Old tech but work just fine. Eleventymilions of accessories for them. Blocks have....what.....four? LMAO.
    Start reading. Tons of info out there. Calibers, semi or revolver, etc.
    feel free to PM

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Blocks have....what.....four? LMAO.
    Which is about 3 too many.

Always remember this ------>
    th?id=H.4605782393094289&w=205&h=170&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.jpg

;)

Vertari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Lol, well I haven't been to a proper gun store. The closest thing I have been to a "gun store" is Academy...

Welcome to TGT!
    Thanks. :)

Oh, and I bought my Smith & Wesson from my sister. I don't know too many people who own firearms in real life. Even my co-workers now who are "interested" in guns don't have their own and just fantasize about it.

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Lol, well I haven't been to a proper gun store. The closest thing I have been to a "gun store" is Academy...

Thanks. :)

Oh, and I bought my Smith & Wesson from my sister. I don't know too many people who own firearms in real life. Even my co-workers now who are "interested" in guns don't have their own and just fantasize about it.

Rule #3 - Academy is a gun shop like Taco Bell is to Jaime's. McBride's on Lamar is a pretty good place to go look to get an idea.

Rule#2 - You will have to make the leap to get started. It is easy if you have a friend/buddy/relative to show you a few of the ropes. Some folks don't have this option but don't let it sway you. We all started somewhere.

Rule#1 - 1911's = God's right hand and smitith Thine enemies wist 45acp awesomeness . Glock= Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. :roflfunny:

Top Bottom