• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What brands do you like for webgear such as tactical vests with mag pouches? All ive ever had is the GI stuff. Tactical Tailor is good but costly. What's the sweet spot for value?

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    Sweet spot for value???? Hard to answer this as some people have different needs, likes, wants, budgets etc. Also considering the range of use from weekend use at range or ranch vs. LEO or military who utilize their gear on a daily basis... having said that I will give my opinion on what I've had good luck with etc.

Given I don't utilize my gear daily.... I have found over the past couple years that Condor makes good gear that is more realistically priced for me.

Now have I ordered other gear when I find a good deal... you betcha. Nothing wrong with being frugal. But at the same time I can't justify spending more money on gear that will serve me the same purpose. I've found that Condor offers a broad range of gear, and is priced well. I've bought and utilized gun cases, drag bags, chest rigs, drop holsters and other little odds and ends. Majority of my experience would be in gun bags, and other modular gear (chest, thigh rigs).

I don't use Condor exclusively either, I often find pouches or other gear that I like and set it up on chest rig etc. But I do find that Condor serves it's purpose, works well, and considering it's pricing I believe it to be a good value.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I was going to sing the praises of "Netgear" routers...

Carryon.

SL22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2014
    London bridge are very good also suppliers for the kits that SF and Ranger Batt uses if that matters to you. I used a multi cam kit in Afghanistan no problem at all. Don't know the sweet spot for value however... have seen some of the lesser kits break on a mission... no bueno.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I agree with craftkr in that Condor makes some good, reasonably-priced stuff. I especially like their jackets.

I have several Camelbak packs that have been through hell and back and still look new.

But my "gear" comes from a variety a sources and companies. I've also destroyed quite a few items over the years from "normal" use. One thing I've learned is that cost ≠ quality is some cases, so whatever you do, do your research before dropping big bucks on anything!

Cheers! M2

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This is a totally random thought, but I figured at least maybe it's good for a laugh or someone might find it useful. Back when I had a Garand, I was looking around and getting some ideas on something for carrying clips, as I toyed with the idea of using it, a Winchester 1897 clone, and a GI style 1911 for 3 gun just for the hell of it. What I found out is, if I sewed up the bottoms of the pouches, I could use a Vietnam era grenadiers vest and hold a LOT of clips ;) LOL

80.gif

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Condor is probably best for your everyday average shooter. If you use your gear more often than the regular joe, you might want to look at Blackhawk (their stuff is a little stiff at first until you break it in, but in my experience it lasts a bit longer under daily stressors). Condor is also pretty sturdy as well, but sometimes some of their products don't always hold up.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    London bridge are very good also suppliers for the kits that SF and Ranger Batt uses if that matters to you. I used a multi cam kit in Afghanistan no problem at all. Don't know the sweet spot for value however... have seen some of the lesser kits break on a mission... no bueno.

London Bridge Trading company makes some great gear. Beware of air soft knock off found on the web. What they say about "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!"

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom