• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Just an FYI for anyone looking.

There is a fair bit of land that has come up for sale on FM 155 South, outside of Weimar. Prices I do not know, I've looked on the realtors website, but I have not found listings.

FM 155 South lies between IH-10 and Highway 90-A, this will put you close to Eagle Lake, Hallettsville and of course Weimar, and around 15 to 20 miles from Schulenburg, and if you have children about 15 miles from Splashway Waterpark.

Last edited:

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Ya we are getting screwed big time. 90% of people moving here not from here are pieces of shit. They can justify running people out of their homes and state however they want to try and sleep better at night. They are still pieces of shit.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    It is happening here - about 15 miles out of Abilene. I stumbled across a deal on the house and, when I finally got the renter out, I moved in. Small town, small local businesses, and mostly decent folks.

Now, the Economic Development Corp of the city has a "vision of the town as a bedroom community for Abilene" - which does not include many of the folks already living here. There are 170 plus homes ($300K plus) slated to be built in two subdivisions here.

Now there is a bloody winebar with charcuterie (?), a coffee house, and they are pushing for the sale of mixed drinks "to bring more restaurants in". They are spending $14 million to build a "sports complex" (not to mention over $200k a year to maintain it) to bring in more "sports" business.

Anyone that points out the drawbacks - especially the holes in their logic about how much money their favorite projects will bring in to the city - is accused of NIMBY, anti-growth, etc. They want the benefits of growth but they refuse to see the negative effects - such as the fact that kids growing up here today will not be able to afford a place to raise their kids here one day!
    Yep.
    Niece and her husband just bought 11 acres out south a ways.
    Plan to build and move out of Clyde ASAP.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ya we are getting screwed big time. 90% of people moving here not from here are pieces of shit. They can justify running people out of their homes and state however they want to try and sleep better at night. They are still pieces of shit.
    Most of the transplants to Texas are self-indulgent POS's. I just laugh when they move here and say they are here to help us out!

Rather obvious that they did nothing where they came from when you look at how restrictive the states are they came from are currently. So in reality, the are blowing smoke up our asses to appease us into thinking they are here to help keep Texas a freedom loving state.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WARNING

As we age, we need medical services more frequetly, even when not ill. Today’s Physicians, and even Dentists, are more & more “specialized” which has driven-up both numbers of necessary visit-trips & costs. We are b/t cities of 500,000 & 200,000, some 200 mies from Houston. Some weeks we must make 3, 4, or even 5 “trips to town”, and to Houston 4 to 6 times/year.. Regardless of what folks “think”, Physician extenders like NP’s & PA’s increase costs and cannot provide the same eel of care as MD’s & DO’s. Plus, in m extensive experience, they are mostly over-confident. Yet they are replacing rural Docs all over.

The home delivery of needed items has been a real blessing for rural folks. Last week, in the “big middle of nowhere” in Central Texas, we ran across two different Amazon delivery vans.

Also, degeneratives changes of aging decrease weapons handling abilities and the capability of completing simple tasks, like changing a flat tire.

My advice, after making most of the mistakes, is to stay near a city if you are 70+. I surely wish we had.

leVieux

Top Bottom