• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishin4guns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    Rockport
    I'll be the guinea pig. Just ordered from Bud's. Even with insured shipping, it's only $.18 per round.

There's no way Buds would be knowingly selling ammo that has been recalled due to the possibility of excessive powder charges. The potential liability is just too great.

I've still got the notice from Winchester on the recall, so I'll cross check the UPC number and lot numbers when my ammo order arrives.

I also placed an order for this and mine arrived yesterday. Only 300 rounds showed up, I have contacted Bud's and they say that is all that the order was for. I replied saying that is not what their website said and sent them the screen shots. We will see if they make it right. Their website has since been updated to show 300 rounds. I have not opened the ammo yet to see if the lot numbers are part of the recall, I am waiting to see how the order issue plays out first.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Dammit trying really hard not to jump on this...

https://www.blackdogshootingsupplies.com/products/handguns-beretta-jaxf921-082442874241-598

1f20fa07cafeffeae5d83c2981f19941.jpg

Promo:
    http://promo.beretta.com/2019-apx-promo-100-back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 1f20fa07cafeffeae5d83c2981f19941.jpg
      1f20fa07cafeffeae5d83c2981f19941.jpg
      122.9 KB · Views: 716

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I also placed an order for this and mine arrived yesterday. Only 300 rounds showed up, I have contacted Bud's and they say that is all that the order was for. I replied saying that is not what their website said and sent them the screen shots. We will see if they make it right. Their website has since been updated to show 300 rounds. I have not opened the ammo yet to see if the lot numbers are part of the recall, I am waiting to see how the order issue plays out first.

I was afraid of that. The UPC I searched came up as 600 rounds from some vendors and 300 from others. I hope Bud's makes it right as they advertised 600. Lucky you screenshot it. Let us know.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas

Dang.....that's kind of what I thought it was. Was so strange that they were so cheap compared to everyone else on the market. It's their mistake so they should own up though. Keep us posted.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015

Mine showed up and was only 300 rounds also. It should be 2 ammo cans with 300 rounds (3 100 round boxes) in each. They only shipped one ammo can with 3 100 round boxes in it.

I'll contact them on Monday. Fortunately, I printed out a copy of the listing on their website when I ordered it. It very clearly says:

+WIN 38 SPL 130 FMJ 300RD CAN AMMO CANN 300 CAN / 2 CANS CS 38 SPL

SPECIFICATIONS
    Caliber/Gauge - 38 Special
    Casing - Brass
    Bullet Type - FMJ
    Box Qty - 600
    PPR - $0.16/round

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Oh, and I checked the Lot Numbers. The lot numbers were not part of the recall.

One more thing. I never try to take advantage of someone else's mistake. I didn't think this ammo price was a mistake; I just thought it was a good deal. So, I'll give Bud's the option to either:

1. Send me the other 300 rounds;

2. Refund half the cost of this 300 rounds. (i.e., reduce the price from $95 to $47.50); or

3. Send me a shipping label to return this 300 rounds back to them at their cost.

Otherwise, I'll dispute it with my credit card company.

Last edited:

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas

Fishin4guns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    Rockport
    Oh, and I checked the Lot Numbers. The lot numbers were not part of the recall.

One more thing. I never try to take advantage of someone else's mistake. I didn't think this ammo price was a mistake; I just thought it was a good deal. So, I'll give Bud's the option to either:

1. Send me the other 300 rounds;

2. Refund half the cost of this 300 rounds. (i.e., reduce the price from $95 to $47.50); or

3. Send me a shipping label to return this 300 rounds back to them at their cost.

Otherwise, I'll dispute it with my credit card company.

Good luck, let us know how it works out for you. Bud's is telling me it is my fault, that if I wanted 600 rounds I should have ordered 2. I pointed out that is not what their listing said and that it would have doubled the price if I ordered 2, to which they said that is correct 600 rounds would be double the price. Obviously the listing said 600 rounds at .16 per round. They are claiming that the listing was correct and that I misunderstood it. I am going to see what this supposed Norton Guarantee that came with the purchase is about and failing that I will dispute with my credit card as so far they are not interested in refunding half my money and I have been told that all ammo sales are final, so no return.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Good luck, let us know how it works out for you. Bud's is telling me it is my fault, that if I wanted 600 rounds I should have ordered 2. I pointed out that is not what their listing said and that it would have doubled the price if I ordered 2, to which they said that is correct 600 rounds would be double the price. Obviously the listing said 600 rounds at .16 per round. They are claiming that the listing was correct and that I misunderstood it. I am going to see what this supposed Norton Guarantee that came with the purchase is about and failing that I will dispute with my credit card as so far they are not interested in refunding half my money and I have been told that all ammo sales are final, so no return.

If the listing was 600 rounds at $0.16 per round that would be $96 for 600 rounds.

Fishin4guns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    Rockport

Ok, final update. I had been very persistent in my responses and received a phone call just a short while ago from the lady I had been going back and forth with via email. She said that when she pulled up the sku all she saw was the listing for 300 rounds, of course it had been changed by the time I received my order, but she went and spoke with her manager who admitted that there had been a listing error. They gave me two options, they would allow me to return the ammunition this time and refund my money minus the shipping that I paid, or they could give me a $25 gift card to Bud's. Neither put me back to where I think I should be, but I chose the gift card as that makes the ammo a pretty decent deal and I am happy enough. So overall I think they could have handled it a little better, especially after they originally told me I made the mistake, but they apologized and made it a fair deal, so all in all, not too bad.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I would have gone through my credit card company. My bet is you would get the money back and get to keep the ammo as it would cost more to ship it back from a resident than it was worth.

Even after the gift card I would call the CC company and say I think I got screwed what should I do and explain what happened the worst that could happen is the cc close your account for buying ammo as most are anti gun lol

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Ok, final update. I had been very persistent in my responses and received a phone call just a short while ago from the lady I had been going back and forth with via email. She said that when she pulled up the sku all she saw was the listing for 300 rounds, of course it had been changed by the time I received my order, but she went and spoke with her manager who admitted that there had been a listing error. They gave me two options, they would allow me to return the ammunition this time and refund my money minus the shipping that I paid, or they could give me a $25 gift card to Bud's. Neither put me back to where I think I should be, but I chose the gift card as that makes the ammo a pretty decent deal and I am happy enough. So overall I think they could have handled it a little better, especially after they originally told me I made the mistake, but they apologized and made it a fair deal, so all in all, not too bad.
    Sounds like an internet company I won't be dealing with in the future

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom