• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Yep cancelled order then long wait for your money back..r/gundeals talks about them allot..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've seen it there as well, but I often wonder if these people are calling their CC companies during these long waits. After 10 days I would be disputing the charge and be getting an immediate credit while they investigate.

The Machinist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2019
    Austin
    Yeah, I've seen it there as well, but I often wonder if these people are calling their CC companies during these long waits. After 10 days I would be disputing the charge and be getting an immediate credit while they investigate.
    According to r/gun bots buy every 9mm available..at a certain cpr..getting crazy..no more 9mm plinking for me...22lr probably next...this fn sux.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Yep cancelled order then long wait for your money back..r/gundeals talks about them allot..

My recent experience with Bass Pro was that they don't charge your card until the ammo ships. If it's back ordered for a long while like my order was, they will put a temporary charge to your account every week and then remove it in a couple days. They did that 6 or 7 times until it finally shipped.

The Machinist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2019
    Austin
    My recent experience with Bass Pro was that they don't charge your card until the ammo ships. If it's back ordered for a long while like my order was, they will put a temporary charge to your account every week and then remove it in a couple days. They did that 6 or 7 times until it finally shipped.
    .shitty business practice to say they have it when they really dont.imo

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    According to r/gun bots buy every 9mm available..at a certain cpr..getting crazy..no more 9mm plinking for me...22lr probably next...this fn sux.

Maybe, maybe not. I believe bots are a part of the problem, but I also think them being the main culprit is blown up by people just frustrated they keep missing out. You can either buy a bot program which aren't particularly cheap or you can write one yourself if you have the know how, but without deep pockets or a business account and probably a good amount of storage space all that bot is going to do for the average guy is buy him a 1000 rounds here and a 1000 rounds there, which just happens to be what he would have bought without the bot. The bot might get you in but it doesn't increase the average consumers buying power. So are there resellers using bots, I'm sure, but I don't think they are out numbering the people out there that are just simply buying it the old fashioned way.

If I was to guess, one of the biggest issues is that manufacturer/distributor's allocations are just in the basement for even the biggest of retailers/resellers. When a retailer throws up what they have in a particular sku they may only have 25 to 50% of what they normally would receive from that particular manufacturer/distributor. And sure, buying is at swift pace right now, no doubt, but had that retailer received what they normally would have, I don't believe it would be perceived to be as swift as it is.

At this point there is only one way to get what you want and plenty of r/gundeals folks do this everyday with success. That is by simply sitting there constantly monitoring the item's web page. That means every few minutes or so refreshing the vendors page until it pops back into stock. Some guys are using auto refresh/page monitoring apps as well. I've messed around with them but not with any degree of success others are claiming, however the right setup might just be out of my wheelhouse, so YMMV.

If all that sounds time consuming? I would agree with you. I'd venture to guess that most people here don't have that much free time to expend on doing it. Hell, I don't and I generally have more time then most. :p Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be any better for awhile now.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    r/gundeals is also full of salty and entitled cry babies so there is that...

Yeah, I realized that when they booted guys for posting ammo deals they said wasn't a deal but never really posted any explanation on how they were going to determine that. They used .50 cpr for steel ammo as an example and that was it. Obviously they left it wide open to interpretation for a reason since I see guys posting "in stock alert" deals on gundeals all the time and that's fine as long as it's not ammo. I guess it's an in crowd thing.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Is this a good deal yet?

af80319befc66ab8d3e25041129fcd94.jpg

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    LAX has .40 cal up for sale. Price is high at $268 shipped for 500, but figure I would post if you absolutely needed some.

Top Bottom