Join TexasGunTalk

Good deal gun thread

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by RACER X, Jan 21, 2014.

1. lightflyer1

lightflyer1 Active Member

May 2, 2015
    Never had an issue except in far west Texas open areas. But even that has improved over time. The Austin area has great coverage. With the new 5g coming they will have the correct freq. to get faster speeds and cover more area, or I am hoping. Also waiting for SpaceX to get their satellites up and running as that will solve a lot in my opinion.

2. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
  3. Southpaw

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  4. Southpaw

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
  5. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Vodak, The Choice of a New Generation TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Southpaw likes this.
  6. Glenn B

Glenn B Active Member TGT Supporter

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    I placed a couple of orders at Cheaper Than Dirt awhile back after not having ordered from them for years. I ordered an AR and an AK from them - excellent prices. About 10 days ago, while looking at knives on their site I came across one I wanted to order and put it into my cart. When I did so, I noticed that I had accrued points. For what purpose I did not know but it was asking if I wanted to use them and I had about 1,400 points to use. When I clicked on "Redeem" it said I could use so many points for so much of a dollar reduction in my order. 600 points got me the highest cash off - $40.00. The knife I was buying, a Ka-Bar 1234 Gamehook (with sheath) usually sells for from $37.95 to $54.99 plus shipping. It was $44.31 at CTD plus $6.95 shipping and .93 sale tax. for a total of $52.19. After using my poonts I paid $12.19 for it. That is a good deal.

1.jpg

While the above was not a gun related deal, I just placed another order and used another 600 points. In the new order I bought a brick of 22LR and two 3 point rifle slings. The slings were $23.38 for both, the ammo was $21.60, the shipping $11.95 (higher than the standard $6.95 they charge for USPS shipping because ammo cannot go via USPS and is being sent by UPS), and the tax $1.40 for a total of $58.33. I paid 18.33 after the discount for my points on that second order.

I never heard a peep from CTD that they were giving points, they may have notified me in an email but I just delete them as I receive them. Anyway, if you buy from CTD and did not realize they give points toward cash off of future purchases, you may want to check your account. Those points made some decent deals very good ones for me.

7. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 TGT Addict

Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Prepare to be flamed for using CTD.

8. Glenn B

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    Dad_Roman likes this.
  9. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Vodak, The Choice of a New Generation TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon than buy anything from those bastards.

Primary Arms is local so not having to deal with shipping/transfers and inspecting before I buy is worth it.

Reinz, TheMailMan, Big Green and 9 others like this.
  10. Glenn B

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    They can flame all they want; I guess if someone wants to flame me he or she has nothing better to do. I am willing to bet that anyone who would flame me for shopping at CTD does business with outright RKBA enemies that support gun control like: Credit Karma, Reddit, The GAP, Levi Strauss, Twitter, UBER, Yelp or some of many others.

I stopped shopping at CTD for years after their price gouging on ammo but recently figured it was long enough since they went back down in prices and seemingly got real again. It's not like they are Dick's - at least not yet so I gave them a second chance. Come to think of it I gave Dick's a second chance and they screwed up on that I have stopped shopping there altogether because they are dicks.

Anyway, as it is, I shop where I want, when I want - they can shop where they want when they want. Isn't the USA great in the free market regard!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019