• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txgirliegirl

loves dogs more than people
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Richmond
    Was at an Academy on 59 and Kirby earlier and they had plenty of 124 grain Browning 9mm 150 packs for $31. Limit 3. I picked up 3 just because. They had a lot of Monarch 7.62X39 and .223 in the 400 round cans. Didn’t see a price and my hands were full so I couldn’t go check on the scanner.

nice! thanks for the tip! wonder if i can get down there before they close or maybe first thing in the morning??? looks like a lot of local academy locations got decent stocks of handguns this afternoon but nothing i wanted...which is great for my wallet!!!
    Military Camp

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    a bunch of guns up for auction.

in today's climate I doubt any will go for a good deal lol but you never know.

BTW I have no connection to it other than seeing it on a Motorcycle forum I belong to and its one of the members guns.

TXP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Managed to get 1000 rounds of Maxx Tech 9mm, but since I'm told they are from the same factory as the Tulu stuff, I'm not highly confident it is quality. It doesn't stick to a magnet though. At $0.36/round it is slightly overpriced for the product. I would have paid that easily for Federal, PMC, Speer or Remington, but Maxx Tech......it's a little painful.

[Update] I went back and checked my account and Brownell's actually honored their initial price. So it is closer to $0.23/round. They first invoiced me $218 and then later charged me a higher price. I complained and they said they'd look into it, but the $0.36 was more in line with the market. They finally honored the price at the time I purchased it.

I haven't found any good and available source of ammo on the web. By the time Ammoseek lists it, it's been gone for a few minutes or more. Can't run by my local Academy with my day job demands. Lucked out on hitting Brownell's site in just the right 10 second window it takes to get an order in.

Last edited:

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Maybe old news, but I just seen that Brownells is now charging sales tax for Texas.

I've cancelled quite a few online orders (out of spite) when I found out I had to pay tax. Just makes it harder for them to be competitive with those that don't charge tax.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Looks like Berry’s has some 9mm 115 and 124 grain factory second bullets available. $94 (per 1,000) and free shipping if I remember right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Agreed. Mostly ho-hum but a few gems in the pile. 15% "Buyers Premium" and auction is based out of Ohio so you got to factor in shipping and FFL fees. Not looking promising....

Yup. Saw the where, and the particulars, and I quietly stepped back and went on my way.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Agreed. Mostly ho-hum but a few gems in the pile. 15% "Buyers Premium" and auction is based out of Ohio so you got to factor in shipping and FFL fees. Not looking promising....
    There are always small, local auction houses that move guns. I suppose I could do another auction thread where I inspect an auction and report the prices. It would be a separate thread from this one. The last time I did that, people seemed to enjoy the results. Any interest?

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    There are always small, local auction houses that move guns. I suppose I could do another auction thread where I inspect an auction and report the prices. It would be a separate thread from this one. The last time I did that, people seemed to enjoy the results. Any interest?

I would be interested to see how the auction house thread would go.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I've cancelled quite a few online orders (out of spite) when I found out I had to pay tax. Just makes it harder for them to be competitive with those that don't charge tax.

With the new law requiring out of state sellers to charge tax if they do X amount of sales in a state. You will have to search harder all the time.

I say X amount because the Government recommends an amount I want to say it was 50K in sales but leaves it up to the state to set the amount. I am not going to go re look it up but TX set it at 100K or 500K if I recall correctly.

Top Bottom