• ...and so much more!
  • Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    E76548BB-F9CF-4BB5-B43F-A36DBECD670C.png

I have one in my truck that I am very happy with. Great peace of mind.
    Venture Surplus ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I think they only have one type of complete BCG in 5.56 for $159. If they have one, please snag it for me. You're the man.

BCM currently has them in stock so I may just bite the bullet and buy one if SOLGW doesn't.

Buy the BCM if you want a BCG anytime soon.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    They let you walk in? Last time I walked in one of their new employees was a bit of a rude dick about it even after being told I was there on authority of Mike. He made it pretty clear I was inconveniencing him and not welcome.

SOLGW hasn’t ever really liked or done walk-ins. There is an in-store pick up option though. Right now that feature is disabled in the web store.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    SOLGW hasn’t ever really liked or done walk-ins. There is an in-store pick up option though. Right now that feature is disabled in the web store.

Before covid they were very walk-in friendly. I've spent hours drinking with those guys in the shop. Kent even let me handle his pre-SP1.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Before covid they were very walk-in friendly. I've spent hours drinking with those guys in the shop. Kent even let me handle his pre-SP1.

Huh. We’ve had opposite experiences, but I never really went down there unless I had already bought something and was picking it up.

I have seen people get the same negative treatment you got in the past, though.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Huh. We’ve had opposite experiences, but I never really went down there unless I had already bought something and was picking it up.

I have seen people get the same negative treatment you got in the past, though.

It's a very recent thing. I'm curious what ITAR has to do with accepting visitors.

Screenshot_20201201-161003_Opera.jpg

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Scheels has alot of common calibers in stock (.45cp, 9mm, 5.56, .380) . 2 box limit per SKU

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Thanks for the tip. Got two 9 mm boxes. (of the only four that were left..)
    There was so much ammo when I was there but people were swarming the aisle. I gave a guy a box of 5.56 since he was buying his first AR. I should have got some .380 now that I think of it.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Talked to the guy at the Academy by the house today. They’re getting ammo in. 5.56, 9mm, 7.62X39, most of the popular calibers. But he said that the same group of guys are lined up at the door every truck day. I’m sure they are the ones gouging on gunbroker. I know it’s hard, especially if you are low or out of ammo, but I sure wish people would stop paying these prices. There is a shortage, but it’s not near as bad as we think because the same guys are lining up and taking it all to sell at gun shows and auction sites. The only ammo I have bought since March, has been a spam can of 7.62X54R that I paid $99 for (helluva deal if you ask me) and some shotgun shells. I still shoot my pistols 2X a week, because I bought tons of it when it was cheap and plentiful. I’m guessing prices will never be back where they were!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Talked to the guy at the Academy by the house today. They’re getting ammo in. 5.56, 9mm, 7.62X39, most of the popular calibers. But he said that the same group of guys are lined up at the door every truck day. I’m sure they are the ones gouging on gunbroker. I know it’s hard, especially if you are low or out of ammo, but I sure wish people would stop paying these prices. There is a shortage, but it’s not near as bad as we think because the same guys are lining up and taking it all to sell at gun shows and auction sites. The only ammo I have bought since March, has been a spam can of 7.62X54R that I paid $99 for (helluva deal if you ask me) and some shotgun shells. I still shoot my pistols 2X a week, because I bought tons of it when it was cheap and plentiful. I’m guessing prices will never be back where they were!!

There was a group of these guys at the small gun show in Denison. They were selling steel monarch 9mm for $50 a box. Insane

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

I have no doubt the resellers are hitting it hard. The other week a gun counter guy at Academy said some lady came in and bought up 30+ boxes of .22 LR to resell.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom